Motorola XOOM 4G Upgrade - Turnaround Times
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

After several months of uncertainty, at last TODAY I received my FEDEX package to ship my XOOM tablet to its motherland for a 4G upgrade. I had previously prepared my XOOM for this event by backing up my data and encrypting the device for shipping the same to Motorola; therefore, I was able to ship it back to them TODAY itself with the hope that the 6 business days they say is worst case but maybe we get our upgraded device much earlier. Anyway, I'll keep this forum posted once I am in receipt of my device.

Good Luck to the rest of patient but passionate XOOM owners.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola XOOM 4G Upgrade - Turnaround Times
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Along with my updated XOOM with 4G LTE, Motorola was kind & decent enough to send me a docking station free of charge in a way compensating the wait beyond the original 90 days estimate that was advertised for this upgrade at the time of launch of this product. Thanks Motorola, appreciate your courtesy. Though I feel this upgrade could have been handled in much better fashion by keeping your customer informed of these delays with tentative upgrade date much earlier in the process which could have avoided these heart burns.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deifan8

I also rec'd my fed exp pkg yesterday; however I do not have an email packing list to enclose - any idea where I can get a copy of my packing list?

0 Likes
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

As soon as you registered your device online for the upgrade you would have received an email that details the steps you follow to turn in your device including an RMA # & MEID # of your device. You need to include a copy of that email when you send your device that is what is apparently referred as "packing list"

0 Likes
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Received email from Motorola this afternoon confirming receipt of my XOOM for 4G upgrade. I am hoping its done this week. 

0 Likes
deifan8

The only email I have is from Fed Exp with tracking information....it has an RMA number on it but not my MEID number on it.

0 Likes
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call motorola @ 1-800-734-5870 they could guide you with your shipping

0 Likes
Amjad

Hi Srajam,

I m in Kuwait with my Verizon Motorola XOOM, but I don't have any Verizon number, can I register my device to get 4G upgrade opportunity?

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I sent mine in on a Friday and Recieved it back the following thursday. Love the speed.

0 Likes
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see that you had purchased your Tablet in USA and since you bought your tablet from Verizon, I presume its a 3G tablet, That said you can get it updated to 4G LTE. As far as shipping logistics are concerned you might want to check with Motorola for specifics relating to shipping your device from Kuwait. However, if you procured your device outside of Kuwait and/or its non-3G, I am not sure if this 4G update is applicable to you. Hope my response is helpful. Else, you can always call Motorola for assistance, I have included that number in a previous post. Please note that the customer service personnel are being very helpful and I am sure they will resolve your question.

0 Likes
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

My device has been shipped by Motorola to be delivered tomorrow after completing the 4G LTE upgrade. Here are some key dates:

1. Date device was shipped: 10/3/2011

2. Date device received by Moto: 10/5/2011

3. Date RMA was processed: 10/6/2011

4. Date shipped back to customer: 10/11/2011

5. Date device received: 10/12/2011

So as you would see it is more than 6 days as they had forecasted while talking about this LTE upgrade. To be fair to Moto, I need to say I have read in this forum few others have received their device within a week. So, moral of the story, time frame for this upgrade "depends"... and not necessarily 6 days.

0 Likes