Re: Motorola XOOM 4G Upgrade - Turnaround Times
srajam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Along with my updated XOOM with 4G LTE, Motorola was kind & decent enough to send me a docking station free of charge in a way compensating the wait beyond the original 90 days estimate that was advertised for this upgrade at the time of launch of this product. Thanks Motorola, appreciate your courtesy. Though I feel this upgrade could have been handled in much better fashion by keeping your customer informed of these delays with tentative upgrade date much earlier in the process which could have avoided these heart burns.

0 Likes
lynch2011

After months and months of waiting, and checking all of the Android rumor mills, the upgrade finally came. After reading feedback online about delays and issues, I was reluctant to send my Xoom in, and considered just selling it and getting an IPad 2. HOWEVER... I decided to take the plunge, and sent it in while on a trip out of town. 

I assumed it would take them a couple of weeks to get it back to me, and had moved into acceptance. I dropped it off at FedEx on Saturday, they received it on Monday, and sent it back the same day!!!! I got it back on Tuedsay, which was only 4 days after I submitted it! Yahoooooo!!! Works great, and I'm so glad I kept it and sent it in. Now my hubby says he will send it in too. 

Plus, I now have a dock I can use at work. 

I will remain a Xoom user and anticipate the Xoom 2... but hopefully, not for at least another year!

Thanks, Moto!!!

:smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
pjfranklin

Buying (well, bought) a Xoom from a coworker, and figured I'd send it in before getting too attached to the new shiny.

Weds 10/26/11 - Submitted the RMA online

Thurs 10/27/11 - Received box

Thurs 10/27/11 - Sent back same day

Fri 10/28/2011 - Motorola received

Mon 10/31/11 - 4G installed & sent back 

Tues 11/01/11 - Received upgraded Xoom

This lines up with what I've heard...and is as short as the process could be, unless they were to perform the upgrade and ship out the same day, or if same-day delivery wasn't out of the question (I say it is).

Now we just need to contact VZW and get the transfer of responsibility completed! :smileytongue:  That's right, it seems they'll upgrade a device even if it doesn't belong to you. :smileyvery-happy:

I had wiped it before sending it in.  It didn't pop up that it recognized the 4G SIM at all, so I went into settings and enabled LTE.  It still wasn't even showing a 3G data connection, let alone 4G, until I bounced the data connection.  Then within 30 seconds it showed 3G, then 4G.  Speedtest peaked at ~20d/8u.

0 Likes
srheug

It says 6 Business Days.  The dates you gave including ship date - rec. date comes out to 7 business days . That seems acceptable to me.

0 Likes