Re: Motorola XOOM 4G Upgrade - Update
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

got an email from verizon today ....and...... oh never mind. they just felt the need to remind me that there are even MORE places where my first ever upgradable to 4g xoom wont be connecting at 4g   ;>{

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

anyone able to post that they actually have received the 4g upgrade? I have seen about 3 reliable posts that have gotten it. nothing else. vzw has no comment again. Still waiting for the email to tell us how. this has become such a joke now that if it doesn'-t actually happen at all no one will be surprised. Maybe that is how they are trying to go? wait long enough and it will just fade away and not be a big issue. 

0 Likes
thecybernerd
You think this is basis for a class action lawsuit?
0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I don't know.  We have the VZW press release that clearly wasn't held to.  However, VZW and Motorola covered themselves with the XOOM's packaging because it doesn't mention LTE or 4G. 

If a suit starts, you can count me in.

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really hate class action lawsuitsbecause it seems like the only ones who make money is the lawyers. it is pretty sad how american businesses with all these bigshot ethics policies just ignore them when it is convenient for them. sad what we are becoming....

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmmmmm....... only 4 days left for the September email promise to happen....

0 Likes
MistaHat1

I'm with you guys...i've been holding my tounge for a while now, but how is it possible to release several 4G tablets to the market while advertising that the original tablet that should've gotten it never has.  Down to 4 days left in September, and i'm sure a number of dissapointed people.  I should've gotten a wifi one.  

I will also note that I went to the Verizon keynote and spoke with reps there where it was promised prior to the tablet even being on the market.....come on guys....maybe now that El Goog owns Motorola...they'll crack the whip a litte.

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup. Tired of waiting for sure. And i love how they went ahead and marked this as Solved. typical VZW help.

0 Likes
bvondross

I've been on the phone with Ben in Verizon Customer Service for the last thirty minuets and they have got absolutely no idea when the 4G service will be out???  I asked to escalate the call to someone who might know what happened top the upgrade. I spoke to Tim and he said it's a Motorola problem and gave me their #  800 331 6456     The circle continues...

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

I understand everyone is frustrated that they haven't been able to upgrade to 4G but when you call Verizon asking about it, you are calling the incorrect people. Verizon isn't installing the 4G upgrade, Motorola is. And Motorola will be the one to contact you to tell you when you can send the device in to get the upgrade.

You all need to contact Motorola to see about the upgrade. Verizon just knows that Motorola is starting to do the upgrade in September.

0 Likes