Re: Motorola XOOM 4G Upgrade - Update
cjf

Hi,

like you all i have been in discussions with both Motorola and Verizon and really feel let down. They are setting the expectations so badley.

I dont believe anything is happening soon but cant get anyone to just say so - if this is going to turn into a disaster refund the money motorola and we'll go get a tablet that has lte - i was out shopping for a kindle but the appeal of 4g/LTE adn android and propper browsing and legacy of motorola mobiles swung me to by the Xoom back pretty much on the day it came out. So if anyone has been upgraded I should be.

I even asked if the verizon team could check I was in the list incase they have been emailing and htat took about another 40mins to find I was and to "rest assured" it will happen.

So overall i believe we are in contract to get 4G/LTE and that was supposed to be way back before the summer and we are all getting downers on Verizon and Motorola for them handling us badly.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VERIZON/MOTOROLA do something official and set our expectations back to a higher place and get on with something dont leave us hanging anymore.

CJ

0 Likes
cjf

Hi,

like you all i have been in discussions with both Motorola and Verizon and really feel let down. They are setting the expectations so badley.

I dont believe anything is happening soon but cant get anyone to just say so - if this is going to turn into a disaster refund the money motorola and we'll go get a tablet that has lte - i was out shopping for a kindle but the appeal of 4g/LTE adn android and propper browsing and legacy of motorola mobiles swung me to by the Xoom back pretty much on the day it came out. So if anyone has been upgraded I should be.

I even asked if the verizon team could check I was in the list incase they have been emailing and htat took about another 40mins to find I was and to "rest assured" it will happen.

So overall i believe we are in contract to get 4G/LTE and that was supposed to be way back before the summer and we are all getting downers on Verizon and Motorola for them handling us badly.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VERIZON/MOTOROLA do something official and set our expectations back to a higher place and get on with something dont leave us hanging anymore.

CJ

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

@DbG2514:

I believe you are mistaken. I have never given Motorola one cent for my xoom. Verizon took my money, Verizon promised me the update, and Verizon sent me the email on July 26th saying they were going to upgrade my xoom by the end of summer and it would be done by September. Look it up yourself if you doubt this. I have the email and am looking at it right now. it says "Free 4G LTE Upgrade Available in September for your Motorola Xoom. Not one time has Motorola said they were promising me anything. They don't collect money from me monthly nor did they collect the $600 I paid up front for this. I still love my xoom but hate the silence. If it will take more time, give me an explanation and a proposed date. I could live with that. silence goes along with deception. Don't like that.

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon didn't make the device, Verizon just sold you the device. Since Verizon didn't make the device why would they upgrade the device to 4G?

In my information at work this is what I have:

• Motorola will handle the hardware and software 4G upgrade for XOOM. There is nothing additional the customer needs to install.

The customer must ship their device back to Motorola for the upgrade. After the customer ships their packaged device using FedEx, Motorola will ship the upgraded Motorola XOOM back to the customer in approximately six business days.

If you are having to send the devices back to Motorola obviously, it is motorola telling Verizon that the devices are ready to upgrade. Verizon is basically the middle man. Verizon knows what Motorola tells them. Contact Motorola about the update, because you will keep getting the same answer from Verizon and they will send you email alerts and stuff.

0 Likes
MikeSobe
Contributor - Level 1

[Wishful Thinking]Maybe they'll just swap them out for the Xoom 2[/Wishful Thinking]

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

you are missing the point. if i buy a tv from bestbuy and it stops working or is missing parts you can believe it will be bestbuy getting the call not the manufacturer of the tv. yes, mot will be doing the work. doesnt take away the responsibility of vzw who promised this in the first place and besides, i have contacted mot and they were just fine with telling me it was vzw's fault and that since i bought it from them i should call them. 

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

ok...

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Actually, I just re-read what you said. You said if i buy a tv from bestbuy and it stops working or is missing parts you can believe it will be bestbuy getting the call not the manufacturer of the tv. Yes, you would contact them because they are REPLACING. If you were replacing the Xoom, you would call Verizon, but you aren't replacing, you are upgrading the device to 4G so that is Motorola.

How can Verizon control something that Motorola is doing? That just doesn't make any sense.

Like I said before, Verizon is the middle man, yes, Verizon did say there would be an upgrade in September, but that is what Motorola said. Verizon is sending email updates if you sign up for them, but Verizon can't tell you that the upgrades are ready when Motorola might not have the upgrades ready. Verizon will let everyone know when the upgrades are ready when Motorola says the ugprades are ready.

The rep at Motorola just wanted someone to blame because Motorola itself doesn't know when the update will come.

Verizon has nothing to do with the upgrade at all. You don't send the device to Verizon, the upgrade is FREE, and you don't even have to upgrade to 4G if you don't want to.

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

not sure what line of business you are in but in my business we re-sell equipment made by other vendors as part of our system. when something goes wrong or it needs to be upgraded my customer looks to us to get our vendor in line. my customer bought it from me, paid me the money and fully expects me to make it right if something goes wrong or if it needs to be upgraded to the latest version. that is how it works in most cases that i am aware. think of your phone that you get from vzw. if they promise you an upgrade at vzw when you buy it wouldnt you take it to vzw to get that? and of course i dont HAVE to get it but dont think it was free! believe me when i say it was rolled into the price no matter what they will tell you.

0 Likes
thecybernerd

was at CES as well.....bunch of liars! Only way for moto and vzw to redeem themselves would be to give out xoom 2's for free!

0 Likes