Re: Motorola XOOM 4G Upgrade - Update
JMC2543

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Press-Releases/Motorola-XOOM-4G-LTE-Upgrade-Available-Tomorrow-3810....

The upgrade is NOW OFFICIAL from the Horse's mouth (Moto). Here is the press release that was put out today. We will be getting the upgrade starting tommorow.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

dave_flagg wrote:

Hmmmmm....... only 4 days left for the September email promise to happen....

Hi dave_flagg,

I'm glad to report that 4G upgrade is now available for your XOOM device. To have the upgrade installed on your device please complete the form found at this LINK and you'll get complete details for the upgrade process from the manufacturer.

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks... I am a constant user of the motorola site so i knew this already and followed the link at 6:30 am on the 30th. had hopes of getting the free dock. i got the confirmation email right away then got the rma and shipping email with a tracking number for the box. i was supposed to get the box yesterday by 3pm. but I guess nothing will happen on schedule with the xoom! I, like many others never got the box and calls to vzw, fedex and motorola had mmany different answers. most likely answer is that moto didnt count on the number of responses so they ran out of boxes. many people who registered well after when I and others did received their box yesterday on time. no rhyme nor reason on how it was done. moto says we sshould get updated monday as to when we will get our box. you guys (vzw and mot) just dont seem to be paying attention to your customers. so now i am back to the waiting game again. 

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

So Moto was the one that sent out the information on the upgrade to 4G on the Xoom?

0 Likes
tbuzzard

Sent my Xoom in on Monday, it is already on the truck for delivery back to me today!

Now, how do you get the free dock they advertised?

0 Likes