Motorola ZOOM Warranty Claim
Gordon12393

I purchased a Motorola Zoom back in July.  I sent it on on the 29th of September for the LET update.  When I received the Zoom 5 days later the G connection was working.  30 hours later it stopped working.  When I tried to switch back to my G connection I noticed that it was not working either. 

Long story short I've been on the phone with Motorola and Verizon technical support.  I finally to my device to a store on the 8th of October and the manager looked it over to see what was wrong.  within an hour he was frustrated with it as well and decided to do a warranty replacement on it as there was no reason why it was not working.  It's now the 20th of October and I still do not have a replacement device.

Any one experience this.  Is there a Verizon employee on this forum that can help me with this.  I've been very patient but now I'm loosing it.  I really just want my Zoom to work again.  As it stands now it does not look like I will get a replacement by the end of the month and that is not acceptable as I'm pay for a data plan.

If this keeps going any longer I'm going to start asking for a refund as this is not the level of service that I signed up for.

FYI

I have been in communications with my local VZW store and have not received any response as to what is being done to get me a replacement device and that is why I've made this post here to get some additional attention on my issue.  The VZW support hotline has also received calls from me with no resolution.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola ZOOM Warranty Claim
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Gordon12393,

I am sorry to learn that your warranty replacement is taking longer than you had anticipated. I understand your discontent; I would be frustrated if I had to wait weeks for a replacement. I trust that you have received your warranty replacement by now; however, please be assured that I can assist you resolving this issue promptly if you have not received your device yet.

Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media Team monitors the activity on these forums, we offer more efficient ways to assist you with critical issues such as the one outlined on your post. 

I'd be happy to personally review your account and expedite the warranty replacement process within the scope of my ability. Please complete an online Account Verification Form and then send me a PM including a call back number in case I have to talk to you personally. I will access your account upon verification and I will reply to your PM with an update of your warranty replacement.

If you prefer, you can contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am - 10pm and Saturday 7am - 4pm CST.

You can also call us at 1-800-922-0204 for immediate assistance from 6am to 11pm CST any day of the week including Sunday. Please have your phone fully charged and available for troubleshooting when you call us.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Remember that when it comes to a tablet, its not a phone. The warranty is different. Within 14 days, verizon replaces it. After 14 days, you have to send it in to motorola for repair. Its like when you buy a dell netbook from verizon. If it goes bad after 14 days, dell deals with it. No one on the verizon side will be able to send a replacement xoom. I know because i tried and I had a long discussion with a manager on the phone. It made sense after he explained it to me.
0 Likes
bwink

you are singing my song. My xoom tablet has been wonky after i sent it in for the  lte upgrade, i cannot use the sd card, I have no data service,but I am charged with overuse,

what's up, how have you resolved this. I went to the store where I purched it to see the GEEK squad that handles my warranty I was told the I "screwed up" by buying a xoom, he liked Ipad and I phones, end of discussion.

help

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi bwink, I certainly don't think you made a mistake in choosing the Xoom. I have a Xoom and absolutely love mine! I want to make sure we get yours working properly. First, do you show 3G or 4G on the device? Have you visited My Verizon to activate your SIM card? If not, you will need to login to your My Verizon account, choose Activate or Switch device, then enter the IMEI for the device and SIM card number. These can both be found in Settings>About Tablet>Status. After you have completed this change, remove then re-insert your SIM card. You should receive a message that your device needs to be rebooted.

Please also make sure you have the latest software version on your tablet. This will ensure that the device is capable of reading the SD card and 4G signal.

If you are still having issues with your SD card, please explain what is happening so I can further assist.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
bwink

Hello , yes I have checked the sim card, the updates, all great, and now I am getting data charges when the tablet is not even being used, I reset ereloaded etc all my stuff, again, altho with verison androids this is a snap. but still the same problems. know I have the orignal warrenty, and a two year  extended full coverage warrenty . I am about to return it to best buy and see the manager to try to get something done.

1+ really 8I can get better reception on my peer conection on my dell, computer , just can't go anywhere,

I really was having a great time with this tablet, I researched it, I still think I made a good choice, but every thing has lemons.

BWINK

0 Likes
bwink

did all you ask, twice, reset it

i have a full warrenty over the original warrenty. I get the 4 G lte issue but 1x  really, and being charged for enormus data charges, even tho its not on line. enough.

will be going bact to where I bought it and speak to the warrenty manager, wish me luck.

0 Likes
BruceLewisRN

I too am totally frustrated with one of my Xoom Tablets... it has died 3 times in less than six months, and yes I understand that this not a Verizon problem... (after the initial 30 days) it is a MOTOROLA problem... I have been on the phone with Motorola about 1 of the 2 Xoom tablets I own at least a dozen times... First time the tablet crashed I was able to do a factory reset with the Technical Assistance hot line. About 3 weeks later the tablet crashed again, this time requiring that the tablet be shipped back to Motorola for repairs, and while it was sent if for repairs - I requested that it be upgraded to the 4G LTE as well.  Two weeks later I got my tablet back powered it up and noticed that the 3g/4g part of the phone would not connect. After a few phone attempts to determine the problem I finally loaded the tablet up and drove 45 minutes into town to see if a Verizon Tech could be more successful than I was at determining the problem... While the Technician was working on the tablet... you guessed it... the Xoom tablet died yet again and would not power up. The tablet was returned to Motorola again to be repaired for the second time by the factory for a problem that had happened with this particular tablet 3 times. I spoke with Motorola at least a dozen time requesting that they replace the tablet. They declined, stating that the tablet would be repaired and returned in a timely manner...

Moral of the story...

Once you buy a Motorola Product, keep it for longer than 14 days.... your stuck with it whether it works or not.

0 Likes