Re: My Droid Maxx randomly shutting down
ljn4508
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did they fix your problem with your Droid Maxx? My husband and i got the phones one month ago and having the same issues. We have been back to the store twice already.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

So far my phone has not shut off on it own but every once in a while the screen will fade away 2 to 3 times then come back and will stay. this happens as mentioned on occasion,  but usually after I run a system cache clear this issue seems to go away for awhile then it'll return..

I'm Running the 21.11.21.obake-maxx

0 Likes
LisaMM98

Mine does this when google play updates apps, especially snapchat.  It will restart several times until the apps update. 

I have tried everything, deleting the updates to google play, downloading a second party app of google play...nothing works !

Sick and tired of losing phone calls when this happens.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Loosing calls are no fun you might try running a system cache then pull your Sim Card once the phone has been shut down for a few seconds then re-install it.. hopefully you won't loose anymore calls

0 Likes
uraudi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has been doing this for the last 3 months or so. Screen will freeze and then it shuts down and reboots. I have removed apps and done a reset and it still does it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
uraudi,

I'm sorry this is still going on, I can imagine how frustrating this can be. I see there have been software updates to resolve this. Please go to Settings>About Phone>send us the software version, kernel version and baseband.

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can

benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
uraudi
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the easiest way to send you the information? I took a screen shot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that you asked uraudi. Sinply follow one of the reps so we can accept your request then we will be able to communicate via private message. Let us know once you have done so and to who.

ArnettH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
secretsubscriber

Any hints to the cause of this issue. My wife's Droid Maxx also has this issue. I've drive safe mode and several factory resets.

I started thinking that maybe the problem was the cellular antenna. If i factory reset and left the sim card out, it seemed to stay on with no issue. Then I logged into my Google account and the issue occurred again.

Now, I factory reset again and cleared cache through the recovery screen. I'm avoiding signing into my google account. I'm wondering if the issue has to do with the google play store. I downloaded the Amazon play store to install Spotify and I'm going to play around with it to see what happens.

0 Likes
Boxster

I got my first Maxx in June 2014 and started seeing this problem almost immediately. After a couple of months, and msny calls to support, I was sent a new phone which I have now. It continues to restart randomly, sometimes going a week or two between crashes and sometimes rebooting three or four times in one day. So, I have essentially done a start from new  wipe of the phone. My wife's phone, acquired at the same time, has never done this. Is there a system log that will record which processes are running in these crashes happen?

0 Likes