Re: My Droid Maxx randomly shutting down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Boxter

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this rebooting issue again, even with your replacement!  I can imagine how frustrating this has become.

Although we don’t currently have a tool that shows us which system processes are running at the time of the device crash, we do have some internal diagnostic tools that can help us troubleshoot what may be affecting your device performance.  However, we would utilize that tool with you over the phone or in a one-on-one private message.  Have you had a chance to test your device for some time with it powered up in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1SK73qb to see if the problem persists?  Keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Maxx randomly shutting down
secretsubscriber

Does your phone do a complete reboot randomly. Mine shuts off. I found that turning off Auto Update for google apps helps a little. I have a feeling that my issue might be a hardware problem with the cellular antenna and/or the wifi antenna. I've noticed the phone shut off a few times when losing or gaining signal.

When my wife had this same phone, it was shutting down for her constantly. I performed a factory reset and cache wipe.

The phone was on for days without a sim card installed and in wifi. I used apps and data through wifi.

Then I activated a new sim card and logged into my google play account and the problem returned.

0 Likes