Re: My Moto X 2013 still doesn't work properly wit Wi-Fi. I still have to completly power it down to connect to Wi-Fi when I leave one location for another. It doesn't seem like there is much support from Verizon,
jonit41

The last update on my Moto X was June 2, 2015

Version 212.166.3.en.US.

I believe that's when the WiFi trouble started.

I have liked the Moto X, but this is starting to make me question Verizon and Motorola.

I have seen enough complaints about this that it is a nuisance .

0 Likes
Re: My Moto X 2013 still doesn't work properly wit Wi-Fi. I still have to completly power it down to connect to Wi-Fi when I leave one location for another. It doesn't seem like there is much support from Verizon,
jonit41

I discovered why my WiFi required power off to pickup Internet.

Under settings (Wireless & Networks). (More...., ) (Tethering & Hotspots) uncheck ( Portable WiFi Hotspot).

I let my 9 year old set up the hotspot so he could get the Internet on his non phone I- Pad Mini, didn't turn it off when he was done. Sorry for the confusion, it is something that be fixed in another update to avoid confusion.

0 Likes
Skipastone

I'm having the same issue when moving out and back into wifi range of connections I've used in the past.  When I look at the wifi settings, the networks all say not in range, even my home network when I'm at home.  When I power the device off and back on it connects automatically about 80% of the time.  It sometimes takes cycling the power twice to get it to connect.  It behaves the same way at other known wireless hotspots.  Hopefully someone can tell me what the issue could be.  Mine started failing about the same time as yours, however I may not have noticed it right away since 4G was working.

0 Likes
mgebiz

I have the exact same issue.  Although it is probably not related, but mine started as soon as i switched to the new Verizon plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying safe mode, RReuther. Let's make sure your WiFI works properly. When going to Settings>WiFi>Menu Icon>Advanced, is the 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' set to 'Always'? Is the 'Avoid poor connections' checked or  unchecked? Is 'Wi-Fi frequency band' set to 'Automatic'?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RReuther
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I already tried a couple of different advanced WiFi settings before I posted my problems. I found out that it must have to do with Bluetooth. I turned it off on Monday and since that time, I always reconnected to my home WiFi after being out of the area.

Any ideas why?

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

I noticed this on mine recently when I went over my data for the first time in 2 years.

My Bluetooth connection in my car stopped auto connecting too. Had to re-pair the other day.

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure what happened, but my rock solid wifi Bluetooth media device is now useless. Yet another reason to get off the cdma and go with an unlocked phone on another provider. Shafted with Windows Phone, now shafted with what was once the poor man's Nexus. Good bye. This was the last chance I knew I shouldn't have given vzw and their ecosystem.

Oh, and this is after trying to resolve the issue with a complete factory refresh and cache wipe.

0 Likes
mgebiz

If you have the GasBuddy app, remove it and see if that works.  I had the same issue and removed this app (based on a motorola fourm suggestion), and have not had any issues since.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pa2kp,

We would hate to see you go. Let’s see what we can work out and get your Motorola X working properly. What happens when you try to connect it? Have you tried connecting the device to another Bluetooth Device?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes