My antivirus software found a Motoprint trojan
DennisMcG

I'm using Avast version 2.0.3587 for my phone security.  Shortly after midnight, Avast issued an alert which stated a trojan associated with MotoPrint was found: "Android GinMaster-ABR".  Obviously, this can't be resolved because MotoPrint can't be uninstalled from my unrooted phone.  I Googled the problem but came up empty.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My antivirus software found a Motoprint trojan
Tidbits
Legend

I love false positives don't you?

0 Likes
DennisMcG

I'd feel much better if I could be sure it actually is a false positive.  Since there are so many apps on my phone I'd rather not reset unless I'm reasonably sure I have to.  Working on identifying and downloading other AV app(s) now to see if they find the same thing.  Google finds lots of info on GinMaster.A etc going back to 2011, but nothing on ABR -- new?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It is a false positive.  Try uninstalling the update and then letting it update.  Chances are it will not show up again.  If it was a positive with the way a lot of people install virus detection software on their phones this would have popped up a long time ago.

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-malware-scanners-should-you-use-one

0 Likes
DennisMcG

Thank you, Tidbits, for your advice.  Installed TrustGo and ran a scan with it, results were clear.  (Yikes, that is one obnoxious piece of software permissions-wise!)  That and the fact that there's no sign of it elsewhere is reassuring.  Have a great day!

0 Likes
aodwolfpack

Avast showed my motoprint as infected as well, TRJ - infection, which is scary , says infection can show my location, give out my contacts, etc.

0 Likes