Factory reset and do NOT choose app or app data restore. Uncheck these 2 checked boxes.
SKIP step 5.
- 1. Stay plugged into charger for the entire process
- 2. Charge to 100% and back up music, photos, files etc...contacts should be saved to Google Account and use Google Drive or Google Photos to back up with as well and apps are saved in a list in your My Apps screen in the Play Store app and online using the desktop page.
- 3. DISABLE Google backup and restore of apps and app data in your Backup and Reset tab in your phone's main settings screen.
- 4. Factory Reset the phone
- 5. Download and/or Install update from notification bar (may have to manually check for update in About Phone/System Update to kick start it) at next boot/power on after skipping set up if possible
- 6. Phone will reboot after installation. Factory reset one more time as soon as possible before setting up the phone (you may have to press the back button a few times to escape the set up screen, or you may be able to skip it. Just go back to the Backup and Reset tab and FDR again.
- 7. Unplug from charger at 100% recharged
- 8. Set up your phone however you like to include apps from your My Apps screen in either the Play Store App or from the PC webpage version
- 9. Leave phone on until it powers off
- 10. Leave off and recharge to 100%
This is my usual process and I have had no issues.
The reasons for disabling app data is due to the fact that DAVLIK is now ART and the Android Optimization process might not go as planned if you just slap the new OS over the old OS. Also, when you go back to the Play Store to download apps, they will be the correct version this time for this OS.
screen , cell standby, android system android os , i have lost almost 10% battery in an hour and all i have done is is send a few msgs on hangouts
There is nothing unusual in the battery usage stats , nothing extra running , nothing showing extra use , and there is nothing different on my phone since update , there is actually less !!
What % is your batter at right now?
It's promising that the OS aren't the top 2 items, though not the best they are high up there.
Just to verify, when you did the factory reset you disabled app data back up and restore prior to doing one?
and i disabled everything , i had to completely start from scratch i have not even redownloaded several things i had on my phone previously
and sorry i thought i had said i recalibrted the battery but i am not seeing i posted that , so yes i let it die completely and then charge while powered off to 100% the turned it on left it plugged in etc