My phone is stuck on the "Dual Core" screen. It will not turn on or off. I've tried rebooting, had no luck. Was able to get to a FastBoot screen, but only tells me my phone is locked, then goes back to the "Dual Core" screen again.
I was using it and it froze for a few minutes so I held power and volume down to restart it.
If I reset it, it gets stuck there again. I have removed and reinstalled sim card. Tried it hooked up to a charger as well.
You might need to perform a factory data reset: My Razr MAXX did that a time or 2 and I had to do an FDR.
Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA
A factory data (hard) reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Perform a factory data reset only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data including:
- GoogleTM account
- System and app data
- App settings
- Downloaded apps
- Music, pictures and videos (It is recommended to backup this data).
- An alternate reset method is available if the device can be powered on and is responsive.
- If troubleshooting third-party apps, disable the Automatic Restore option.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
If the screen is frozen, perform an alternate reset.
If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up/Down button then press and hold the Power button. When the device screen goes blank, release the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume Up/Down button then proceed with step 3.
- Press and hold the Volume Up/Down buttons then press the Power button.
When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu, release all buttons.
- Press the Volume Down button to tap Recovery then press the Volume Up button.
- From the Droid triage screen:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button.
- Press and release the Volume Up button.
- Release the Volume Down button.
- Select wipe data or Factory Reset.
Utilize the volume keys to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Data wipe may take several moments.
- Select reboot system now.
To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
It is not hot to the touch. It has been sitting for over an hour now. With and without the sim and SD card. No luck. The battery does not pull.
other than taking it into a verizon store you're next option is to factory reset, unless you want to let it sit longer. You tried to boot it in safemode? what phone is it?
Did the recommended factory reset and now it wont power on at all. Went to the Verizon store. They pretty much just said "Sorry. but, luckily for you, you are upgrade eligible." other than than signing a two year contract there was nothing I could do to get my phone problem solved.
Thanks for everyone's help.