New Update Coming Soon! Here's the Change for 4.4.2 <> 164.55.2
B33
Legend

This new update has allot of things in it and it seems it will be coming out pretty Soon)  if this update is Good and has solved some things might we see it shortly after Moto X  all we can do is Hope..

Here is the the Update Via the Good people at Droid Life..

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/02/21/android-4-4-2-update-approved-for-verizon-moto-x-as-164-55-2-he...

0 Likes
Re: New Update Coming Soon! Here's the Change for 4.4.2 <> 164.55.2
camry9298
Enthusiast - Level 2

Woke up this morning to a 4.4.2 update. Installed and so far no issues

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Ditto, same here. Moto X updated to latest system OS and running great.

Doc

B33
Legend

Hey that's great to here Doc hope this update can be pushed to Droid Maxx's as Well, I'm still going to try and get a Moto X i was kind talked out of getting one and usually when i have my head set on something I stick with it, I think if i get one I going to order possibly so i can get a 32 gig model but with Google storage and the cloud a 16 Gig can always be a good second choice but so far my Maxx is doing Good however because of issues with my very first one that i got on this one i have not update it yet.!  Too Kit Kat..

0 Likes
Marv3G
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the update this morning and ever since the Google Now voice integration basically doesn't work anymore. Here's what's happening:

I first thought that it was freezing and then rebooting the phone, which it definitely seemed to do a couple of times, but the main pattern is this.

I'll say the "OK Google Now" phrase and get the prompt for "Yes?" and say something as simple as "What time is it?" and it will pop the result up on the screen, but will not give the voice response as it used to do. Then basically as soon as the phone's screen turns off either via timeout, or manually turning the screen off with the power button. The phone stops responding to the on/off button, no active display, or anything. I noticed though by doing the "camera wrist twist" function, that I feel the vibration for the camera app being opened. Nothing ever appears on the screen though. I can press the part of the screen where the "onscreen" back button would normally be showing and exit out of the camera app, and do the wrist twist again and lauch the app again, and repeat this process over and over again, but still with no screen display until I hold down the power button and reset the phone. I also had one instance where the phone froze when trying to answer a call as well.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

It mainly just seems to be related to the Google Now integration. I took it to one of the local Verizon franchises and was told if a soft reset didn't fix it, that I would have to try to factory reset it, which I'll do if I have to, but it just doesn't seem like that should be the case. I was using a 3rd party laucher "Nova Laucher" and I disabled it, and that didn't resolve the problem. I've also removed the phone from the case I have it in to insure it wasn't something with the case, and again, that didn't help the problem either.

Thanks,

Garrett

B33
Legend

Power Cycle your phone and then got to your Settings and re-try saying Google Now)  And try this when your recording do it slightly different each time your prompted like one turn your head away from the phone then the next time do it just a few feet away each time the mic will here your differently and this helps at certain situations.. Give a try I seen a Video on it.. and it does work great..

0 Likes
Marv3G
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually did try re-recording the phrase thinking that might reset things, but that didn't work. It recognizes my voice command. It's just that when it tries to execute it, it doesn't finish, and sort of freezes. It's almost like the secondary voice processor stops functioning and then it won't accept any other voice commands. Then, as soon as the screen goes off, whether by itself, or if I tap the power button, it won't come back on unless I hold down the power for awhile and do a complete reboot. I haven't had a chance to do a factory reset yet. I'd really prefer not to, but if that's the only option, I'll probably have to try it. Any additional help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Garrett

B33
Legend

Your Welcome) And I'm kind of getting to wonder if these updates are doing more harm than good in some of the Handsets I know for now I'm not updating my Droid Maxx to Kit Kat although it's driving me nuts too.. I think more testing should go into these OS's before there re-leased out) but what do yo do you either go for the update or hold off for me I'm holding off b

0 Likes
Re: New Update Coming Soon!    Here's the Change for 4.4.2  <> 164.55.2
Marv3G
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I finally got around to doing a factory reset. It came back as the 4.4.2 with the reset, but the touchless control is working correctly again. Now I'm just waiting for all my apps to re-download and I've gotta restore everything else...uuugh.Oh well. At least it's working again!

Re: New Update Coming Soon!    Here's the Change for 4.4.2  <> 164.55.2
B33
Legend

Hey that news to hear Marv3G it good that this solution fixed the issue. b

0 Likes