No LTE service Moto X 2nd Gen
catgal68

For the last few days, I am intermittently getting either no service or no LTE on my Moto X 2nd Gen.  Restarting worked at first, but not now.  What's up with that? 

0 Likes
Re: No LTE service Moto X 2nd Gen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this an area you are usually located in? Have you checked the cellular network type to verify it is on the LTE/CDMA mode and not Global?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
catgal68

Hi Ann and thanks.  I did have my network on Global.  I think it's been that way for a long time because I wouldn't have changed it.  I did switch it to LTE/CDMA and it picked up the signal for a second and then dropped it.  What is the difference between Global and LTE/CDMA. 

I am at work, so yes a normal location for me,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Global will try and look for GSM networks especially foreign carriers. Since you are in the USA it is unnecessary to search for roaming towers. The LTE/CDMA mode will prioritize the Verizon Wireless towers over anyone else's towers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also try shutting down the phone and removing the SIM card for a few minutes. Reassemble and reboot the phone to force a new connection with the Verizon Wireless network.

0 Likes
catgal68

Thanks again.  I did the SIM remove and replace reboot, no luck.  I  chatted with a Verizon rep, seems like my SIM sent bad.  Have to pick up another... 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would have been my next suggestion. You can pick up a nano SIM card for free at a corporate Verizon Wireless store.

0 Likes