No family base app on Moto Z2 Play?
rtrabucchi

My sons just got 2 Moto Z2 Play phones and I sent them links  (from verizon family base site) to download the family base app and install it.  Both tell me their devices say the app is not supported on their phones?  Is this true?  If so, when will support be available?

B

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No family base app on Moto Z2 Play?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rtrabucchi,

Making sure you are able to monitor your children’s devices how you want to is a must. Allow us to go over the details. The Family base companion app is not compatible with Android Marshmallow (6.0) or higher. The only functions you will not be able to do without the child companion app is (app blocking, website restrictions, on-demand internet pausing and content filters). Please view this link for additional details http://vz.to/2r4kopW please refernce number 1 under the "Using FamilyBase Companion App" section.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rtrabucchi,

Making sure you are able to monitor your children’s devices how you want to is a must. Allow us to go over the details. The Family base companion app is not compatible with Android Marshmallow (6.0) or higher. The only functions you will not be able to do without the child companion app is (app blocking, website restrictions, on-demand internet pausing and content filters). Please view this link for additional details http://vz.to/2r4kopW please refernce number 1 under the "Using FamilyBase Companion App" section.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rtrabucchi

Classic.  Two different answers from support that contradict each other.  I'm not sure what Android Marshmallow is, but I assume it's the OS on the phone my sons have.  Since I've been on family base for over a year, it would have been nice if someone told me this bad news before we bought the phones.  And I can assume that since they tell me it doesn't work, that answer #2 is in fact correct and I'm [Removed].

Thank you for the replies.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes