Opps, I moved an app out of my Google folder
WantNexus5
Enthusiast - Level 3

I accidentally removed the google Play Music app from the Google folder on my Moto X, and I can't put it back. That Google folder doesn't appear to let you put anything in it. It's not the end of the world if I can't get it back in there, but it'd be nice.

To be clear: the folder I'm referring to was on my Moto X when I got it. The one with all the Google Apps in it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Opps, I moved an app out of my Google folder
WantNexus5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fixed! A reboot and now I can add icons to that folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Long press the icon to highlight it. Keep touching the icon to move it. You should be able to hover the icon over the folder and lift your finger. This should drop the icon into the folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WantNexus5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, but I already tried that. It doesn't work. I can't add anything to that one folder - and that folder only. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it full? I don't know if folders have a max number of icons allowed in it.

I just tried the same steps on a Galaxy Nexus which is running a similar version of the Android UI and it works. The only thing I would add to my steps is the folder circle expands which you are hovering the icon over the folder and it is safe to lift your finger.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WantNexus5
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, it's not full. To reiterate: the app icon was there, I removed it and want to put it back. It now has 11 icons (16 is the limit).

I suspect this is a problem unique to Moto X and its factory setup. I'm guessing there is a permission problem with that Google folder and won't let me add anything to it. It's being treat like some kind of "system" level folder.

0 Likes
WantNexus5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fixed! A reboot and now I can add icons to that folder.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It shouldn't be any permissions restrictions for the folder and adding or removing icons from it.

The Google Play Music app is still listed in the app drawer? If not, did you disable it?

0 Likes