Ordering Moto X through Motorola
dgoldberg31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to order the Moto X on the Motorola website, and when I check out, it wants me to pay the retail price. I'm eligible for an upgrade from Verizon, so it should be closer to $99 rather than $400. How do I get the other price?

Tags (2)
Re: Ordering Moto X through Motorola
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you have to start the order through the Verizon Wireless website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'll go with what was suggested and add this I would Call Verizon customer Service because they can go over everything with your purchase looking into your account,  they then can take the order you can choose the white or Black model 16GB or 32GB and they can give your the Code if you should wish to use Motor Maker to make your phone up your self you have several choices to choose from and you can customize the screen and the back of the phone and it will be shipped as i heard once it's done be made up for you in 2 business Days shipped by FedEx..Smiley Happy b33

Here is Verizon's Customer Service Number  1-800-922-0204 or by Cell *611 use Option 3 or 4 and say you'd like to talk to a Representative.. Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dgoldberg31 it's great that you're looking into the MotoX as your next device! I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with Motorola's site, however as Ann154 and B33 stated you can benefit from the promotional price from our site. For the standard model please visit http://vz.to/1mYC3Ub and Designed by You http://vz.to/1cme1BG

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

brushyourhair
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgive me for butting in, but I'm going to insert my frustrating experience trying to order this seemingly awesome customizable phone.

Today I tried ordering the 'design your own' MOTO X through My VZ online and was taken to the Motorola website to customize colors and materials, etc, . I did all that and pressed checkout. Then was asked to sign a terms & conditions agreement to run a *credit check* and they also asked for my SSN, driver's licence number, etc. At that point I stopped and wondered why Motorola would need that info as VZ is my carrier and already has that info. I noticed towards the bottom of the frame was the statement  "BESTBUY ACTIVATION" . I asked the rep on the phone about that and he said not to fill that out.

My rep on the phone said he would email me a PIN code so that I could go to the Motorola website and complete the ordering of my custom phone. Well hours later and several phone calls to CS has not gotten me any PIN code emai.

Apparently I have already been charged for the phone to my VZ account. VZ says that the email was supposed to come from Motorola, and Motorola says that VZ is supposed to send me the email. WTH is going on???

My account "upgrade" is apparently in limbo and I cannot cancel or move forward with the ordering of my phone.

VZ says the original rep who processed the order for me is the only one who can send me the PIN?? But he never did.

This is a rediculous process. Any ideas of who to contact *besides* the normal routes I have spent 4-5 hours trying to get this resolved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brushyourhair,
I want this resolved for you as well! I apologize for your experience. Please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message so I may review details in effort to further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
brushyourhair
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK TominqueBo_VZW....i think i 'followed' you correctly.

I have already explained my issue about not receiving the PIN REDEMPTION CODE.

Do you have any solutions?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brushyourhair Hello there, did you send Tominique a direct message? If not, I followed you so just accept my request and follow me then we can direct message from there.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Their profile page can be found at: 

0 Likes