- Ensure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button for 2-3 seconds then press and release the Power button.
- From the Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure), press and hold the Volume Up button then press and release the Power button.
- Select wipe data/factory reset.
Utilize the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
- Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
Try using the android device manager. Google "android device manager" and then log in with your Google account info. You can erase your phone from here. Good luck.