Please help - No Service, new SIM card won't activate, no damage to phone (Wifi and apps work great)
pcinsb

Hello. My MOTO Z2 Droid phone was paid off in February 2020. In early June 2020, the phone suddenly said No Service. Numerous Verizon technicians helped me online and via the App. Based on their direction I reset network, pulled the SIM card, nothing worked. They said it might be due to a service line upgrade in a town 40 minutes from my home, but all of my friends and family who have Verizon mobile service have had no problems. This afternoon (72 hours later) I received a new SIM Card from my local Verizon store. The SIM card would not activate and since the store was closing for the night they said there was nothing they could do. From a family member's phone, I called the 1-877-807-4646 number listed on the SIM card failed notification. The technician tried to help me activate the SIM card, it did not work. He tried to connect me to a level 2 technician and after 20 minutes the call dropped. I called back and another level 1 technician connected tried to connect me to a Level 2 technician. Before she connected me she said the service in my area (zip 93110) had no issues. I'm still on hold.  I cannot send or receive calls or texts obviously because there is No Service. The store staff basically said my phone probably aged out (but it still works fine for Wifi and apps) Why would I be sold a phone that after two years would just stop connecting to the Verison Network/ I bought it at my local Verizon store. How can I make an appointment with a Level 2 technician or otherwise get help? Thank you for any ideas or assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Please help - No Service, new SIM card won't activate, no damage to phone (Wifi and apps work great)
pcinsb

I just spoke with a Level 2 technician who said that the SIM card won't activate because I need to connect to the Verizon Network for activation. He said I probably have an antenna that has gone bad. Curious to me that the hardware would just all of the sudden stop connecting. If it were faulty would it get intermittent signals? It's also interesting to me that the antenna would just die right after the phone was paid off. Do we know this before we buy phones? If true, sad that things are not built to last.

0 Likes