Problems with Motoprint and a PC Host
doowopper

Although I am having the following problem with my Xyboard tablet, I am hooping I can get an answer here since there does not seem to be a separate section here for the Xyboard and the Xyboard seems to be version 2 of the Xoom.

I am trying to use the Motprint in my Xyboard tablet with the Motoprint PC host in my Windows 7 PC. My PC is in a home network which has a wireless Canon printer. I would like to print on that printer from my tablet.  So, to set it all up, in my tablet I chose, "Find printers shared with Motoprint host." The resulting search list has the name of my computer. When I select that choice, a window appears titled, "Motoprint host logon for... and then the name of my computer.

That window "asks" for a Username and Password. The issue is that I don't use a Username and Password to login to my computer. I tried entering the null but that didn't work.

So, how how do I find the necessary information to enter in this screen (name and password)?

Thanks.

Richard

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Motoprint and a PC Host
doowopper

Hi,

I solved my own problem. I entered my name and left the password field blank. My network printer then appeared in the appropriate list on my tablet. However, now I am having problems printing .docx files from my tablet with Motoprint - with the statement in my tablet that Motoprint is incompatible with that type of file. I will start another thread detailing that problem.

Thanks again.

Richard.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Motoprint and a PC Host
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

personally, i print wirelessly using printershare. moto print is a useless app

0 Likes