RAZR "No Sim Card" error, overheating, and constant rebooting.
Geracijp

My RAZR, which I love dearly, recently got a little warmer than usual. Actually it was scalding hot. So hot that my battery drained from completely full to about 30% in 15 minutes. I turned the phone off to let it cool down for a little while, but once I turned it back on it displayed the "no service" error message at the bottom of the lock screen. I've tried wiping the cache first but that didn't work. Then I tried factory resetting the phone through the system recovery menu. Nothing that I have read about on these forums that has worked for other RAZR users has worked for me. I understand that the sim card is probably shot, but that doesn't explain the persistent overheating and rebooting when I remove the sim card and reboot into safe-mode. I still have about 6 months on my current contract and I'm waiting for the HTC One, but I need to have a functional phone right now. Please help if you can.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: RAZR "No Sim Card" error, overheating, and constant rebooting.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If a factory reset and system cache clear haven't helped, then yes, I'd suggest a new SIM card.  They're free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are you removing the Sim and trying to Reboot into Safe -Mode at the same time.!  It kind of sound like that might be the Case ?

0 Likes
Geracijp

either way it still say "no service please insert a sim card."

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well your not going to get any service there if the Card is out of the phone, the Card is what makes the 4G connection if it's out re-insert your card then run your Razr in Safe-Mode..  You might give this app a Try it's Called System Panel it's app i'v used it for 3 years it will let you know what your phone is Doing.. Give it a try..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your phone is constantly looking for a signal, that could be a reason your battery is overheating.  Again, I'd suggest trying a new SIM card.

0 Likes
Geracijp

I've already established that the sim card is shot so it isn't going to work regardless being inserted or not. What I was trying to by removing the broken sim was to identify the cause for the overheating/rebooting problems. So far I have no answer. the phone doesn't stay on long enough for me to download an app. It restarts every 15 seconds or so.

0 Likes
Geracijp

It doesn't say that it is searching for a connection. It merely says "no sim card detected" or "no service: no sim card detected".

0 Likes
Geracijp

Is a "Corporate Verizon Store" any different that a normal retail Verizon store say at a mall? If so, how can I find one?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use the store locator link at the top of the website. It can filter between corporate store and all stores (retail, kiosks, and corporate).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes