Razr Going Slow...
Rconian

I have tried using recovery to clear my system cache but I keep getting the android laying on its back with an exclamation point in a red triangle. I have read on the forums to hold them volume up and down for 10 seconds to get past this, this has not worked for me. Also have seen it said to hold down for 5 then hit up, and then hold down for another 5-6 seconds to bypass the screen. This has also not worked for me. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Razr Going Slow...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's help get your device running fast Rconian! Why are you trying to clear your system cache? Is there a specific app or function you are using when you experience slow performance? Are you power cycling the device on a daily basis? Does this happen in more than one location?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
bshaw1028

I feel your pain, it is like since the new droid line came out the maxx hd is so laggy. Simple things like the keyboard won't respond. Apps take seconds to open. It's like the phone reverted back to 2011. No zip, I think Moto has done something to the phone, to make you upgrade.  Press the home button the home screen takes seconds to appear. I do not know. Verizon sticks you with a phone for 2 years & the phone works until the next new phone comes out. I payed for this phone full retail, I intially had the Razr Maxx, loved the battery so I got the Maxx Hd. Then instead of having the option to upgrade in 22 months they made it the whole 2 years. Been a loyal customer for years but now maybe its time for me 2 go. Good thing my contract ends soon. Hope you find a fix cuz I downloaded an app to clear up some RAM but it does little to nothing.

0 Likes
Rconian

Basically all my apps are having issues lately it seems. I power cycle atleast twice a day due to hang ups and what not. Specifically my texting is becoming the biggest issue. I have gotten into the habit lately of just continuing my sentences while texting and waiting a couple second for the phone to catch up to the rest of the message. Goggle play is constantly freezing due to the laggyness also. I mainly use the phone for watching videos, texting, and facebook. No games are on the phone and the only other apps is reading apps. I have tried freeing up as much ram as possible also.

0 Likes
Rconian

I have a app for freeing up rom like on the original androids but it doesnt help at all. I really enjoy my razr it is by far one of the best phones I have ever owned and dont want to upgrade because its so good in my opinion. I really enjoy Verizon's service in my area so I don't wanna shop around unless I have to.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try Running your Phone in Safe Mode see if the issue Goes away you can also Clear the System Cache that can help with allot of issues as Well but give the Safe Mode a Try if it stops the Issue then you have a App that Either needs Uninstalled or Needs to be Updated..

0 Likes
GoodGrief

I have the same issues...EXACTLY. 

I like to use my phone during afternoon running.  Google Play lags all the time.  Absolutely forget about using a GPS running application to map your run while playing music.  Forget about doing ANYTHING while playing music.  If I am playing music (and it isn't just Google Play, it could be the SiriusXM app, it could be the radio.com app, it could be my podcast app playing nonstreamed/downloaded podcasts, whatever), I can hear the phone ringing, but by the time the answer screen pops up, the call has gone into voicemail.  Frustrating.

The stock text messaging app makes the whole phone laggy every time I use it until I manually go in and kill that app.

All the Google apps...GMail, Google Play, the Google lag severely.  Google Chrome is unusable.

The Facebook messenger app also makes the phone lag.

I can understand that maybe there is a bad app or two out there...but these are all mainstream apps that I should be able to use.  I clear my cache about every 3 days.  I power on/off every day.  I tried a factory reset about 2 months ago.  The phone is finally getting to the point where the frustration level is so high I'm about to take it back.

I have insurance on my phone...will Verizon swap it out for me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GoodGrief,

I am saddened to learn about your device issues and I am here to help! When did the problem begin? Have you considered removing applications individually and resting your device performance in an effort to identify the culprit? Certain applications conflict with one another. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Folllow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes