Reboot during Navigation?
21stNow
Master - Level 1
I tried Navigation for the first time today. The XOOM rebooted once I reached my destination. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I'm having flashbacks from my Samsung Vibrant!
0 Likes
Re: Reboot during Navigation?
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello 21stNow. This is not a known issue with the XOOM. The device rebooting can be due to many reasons such as a corrupted application downloaded. If the issue persists with it rebooting, I recommend to contact us directly and we can assist you with resolving this issue. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
penztucky

Well Lena A.  I have had my xoom for approximately 1 month.  This thing reboots like it is it's job!!!  I am so ready to throw this thing.  I am somewhat the computer geek and normally have absolutely no problem navigating through any type of computer, etc.  I even enjoy the xoom for the short time it is up.  Every single time I am navigating, playing a game, looking through google, etc, or whatever I am doing on it, it constantly goes back either to the "honeycones" or back to the "Motorola" screen.  Plus the fact that I have a download symbol in the bottom right corner that says I am loading a J.peg, but all of my downloads say they are complete.  It must be one heck of a download because it has been flashing since 9/11/11 and today is 9/25/11.  Go figure.

0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

@penztucky: You won't get a lot of help from the vzw people here. they read from a script mostly and if it doesn't fit the question it is pretty useless. I am fairyly new to Android as well but here is what I have learned about situations like yours. Firstly, is it possible that you have downloaded an app that might coincide with when this started? I assume you are running the 3.2 OS version? if not you should do the upgrade to that and see if it helps. If it has been doing it since you bought it and before loading up a bunch of apps then I would take it back for a replacment. it shouldn't do that. There was problems early on with OS 3.01 that had issues such as you describe but for the most part the xoom is a pretty stable device. If it was ok when you started but got worse over time you might want to do a factory reset to put it back to a clean state and try it from there for a couple of days and see if it is still happening. If it runs well then add the apps under a controlled plan so you might be able to eliminate an app if you suspect it to be bad. Only add a couple of apps back at a time. Although it is fairly rare, bad apps do get released on the Market. I don't think it is with the intention of causing harm but just bad programming. You may get advice on some other sites dedicated to the xoom about doing root and flashing to another ROM but if it is not working for you in this basic mode I wouldn't trust it to be better and last. In that case return it for a new one.

0 Likes