Receiving Text Alerts Outside of Sleep At Night Setting
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Messenger will send me an Alert Notification when it should be sleeping.  This happens with the original Kit Kat and continues with the latest Moto X update push.

Is the app not using the Active Display settings?

Robert

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving Text Alerts Outside of Sleep At Night Setting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking rbodenhamer. In review of all the features, I do see and can confirm that at this this time, Verizon Messages is not an application supported by Active Display, I apologize. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rbodenhamer we'll pinpoint the issue and do everything we can to help! Is Verizon Messenger the only app that still is active during this time? Any other changes to the device outside of the update?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

No other apps. Verizon Messenger does not show up under 'recent apps'

It seems Verizon Messenger is missing the hook for the Active Display setting for Sleep at Night....

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

This behavior from Verizon Messenger has been since day one.  I was hoping the last Android update might fix it...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking rbodenhamer. In review of all the features, I do see and can confirm that at this this time, Verizon Messages is not an application supported by Active Display, I apologize. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rbodenhamer We're sorry to hear the Verizon Messenger app is still not functioning properly for you. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

AdaS_VZW,

Can we ask the developers to include Verizon Messenger to use Active Display?  Or, is this this somehow an Android problem?

Robert

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can tell them yourself by using the email address listed in the Play Store listing for the application. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs

You might also want to email Motorola under the Active Display application in case it is a change needed in that application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes