Re: Recent maintenance 212.166.3 update broke WiFi/Bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to ensure your phone is working properly tenesejedd. Did this start after you updated the software on your phone? Are you also using the Motorola X?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tenesejedd

This problem started about a week ago. For clarification, I have the 1st gen Moto X and received the update to 212.166.3.en.US on 6/2/15.

It seems that there is a conflict between Bluetooth and WiFi. If I am connected to a WiFi connection (any connection), and leave, my phone will not reconnect to any WiFi connection automatically. When I open the WiFi screen in settings, it does not even update with current known connections in the area. Toggling WIFI off and then on again does not refresh the list of available networks, thus I am unable to connect to any WiFi connections in the vicinity. What I have discovered is that if I toggle Bluetooth to OFF, it will automatically connect to a known WiFi connection or refresh the WiFi list with available hot-spots in the area.

On a side note, I am also experiencing poor Bluetooth sound quality when connected to my car. Audio when on a phone call is very garbled and impossible to understand the caller. Callers also report poor quality on their end. This issue started at the same time as the issue mentioned above.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Connecting to WiFi networks and having Bluetooth in your car is important, tenesejedd. Let's get your Moto X to find and connect to WiFi networks. For the WiFi network issue do you have the Notify Me checked? Its in Settings, WiFi, then tap notify me. Make sure that is checked.

As for the bluetooth, are you using a bluetooth accessory in your vehicle or the bluetooth that is built into your car? Here is some help on connecting that. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/moto-x/simulator/

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dfuh

I have had this same issue for about 2 months now.  Will there be a fix???

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

I had same issue on Kit Kat after update, did a factory reset while still Kit Kat, and problem did not go away.

I went through the Lollipop update *without* a reset and problem persisted.

I did a factory reset *after* the Lollipop update and it's been working fine. A lot of trouble but it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes