Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
MCL1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.

Why do I keep getting this annoying message over and over and over???

Labels (1)
180 Replies
ihateverizon88

Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm having this problem with my daughter's phone... it's all android users (she has an iphone) so she can contact anyone with an iphone but anyone who doesn't have an iphone - she can't text or call (or receive either)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to help you in any way possible. To clarify, does your daughter have a prepaid account?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
Martneis

I'm getting this message as well. I'm not trying to block anyone,  nor am I attempting to send a message.  I don't even have the phone near me.  I just randomly get a text from my phone number stating "Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message."  I have received two since 11/12/19.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get the help you need about with this error message. What make and model is your phone? What messaging application are you using?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
Nickwrestling04

I’ve had this same issue today on 11/6/19, can someone help me solve this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the difficulties with your Messaging service Nickwrestling04. Verizon is currently experiencing a wireless network issue. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Sabrinacarp14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue as well.  No pre or post paid phones.  No blocked numbers.   My daughter gets this message 10+ tumes a day now.  I get it maybe once.  Sometimes our messages go/come through and other times they don't.   The message comes to us from our own phones.   Super annoying.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sabrinacarp14, have you powered off your device completely for a few minutes within the last 24 hours?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
vcgd1

I have not seen the message since yesterday afternoon. I am now having contacts dropped. Anyone else see this behavior? A number on a text will no longer be linked to anme in my contacts and if I try to search for the contact it is gone.

0 Likes
Ldsnyder75
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, I am also having this issue. I have not blocked anyone recently. It just started yesterday 10/26/19. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Texting is the way many of us communicate these days, Ldsnyder75. We make sincere efforts to ensure all texts are delivered at all times, and we’re sorry to hear you’re getting mysterious indications that the “recipient has insufficient funds to receive the message.” Let’s find out more detail about when you see this error. Many in this thread indicate this happens when group messaging. Is this also the case for you? If so, are you able to message each person in the group without error?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
oconnordad

We are having this issue on all 7 of our lines when texting each other, sometimes from the same room or to a family group text. Appears to be mostly when sending pictures. All phones have excellent service when they're received. We have rebooted all phones multiple times. All are Galaxy phones - S7, S8, Note 9, Note 10+. The Note 10+ has also had issues of saying messages failed when they have in fact gone through, although the failed texts do not coincide with the insufficient message. This has been going on since the mass outage a short time ago. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the difficulties with your Messaging service oconnordad. Verizon is currently experiencing a wireless network issue. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly. AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting these messages as well.  At first, I thought it was the messaging App that I was using so I emailed the developer who assured me it was not coming from their app.  I didn't believe them so I switched back to the default messaging app for my Galaxy.  Still got the messages.  I have not blocked anyone so it isn't coming from that....  I only get this message when receiving texts from my family group chat.  There are 7 users in that chat, two of whom use a prepaid phone service.  However, I have confirmed that neither of them are behind on their payments which would cause their service to be shut off or trigger any other kind of "bounce back" message.  These messages seem to show up randomly whenever one of those two people sends a picture to the Group message.  No one in our group is having this issue except me even though the group is made up of users on AT&T, Verizon, and Straight Talk Wireless.  I am the only person who doesn't get the picture.  I only get this message.  It started after the update on 9/26.

0 Likes
Drew1212

From what I could find it seems to be scam artist checking to see if your phone number/device is accessible to be hacked. It's a standard vulnerablility check. 

I am having the same issue. I work in the Tech Industry. On my bill it says short numbers 000-037-9073 

729725 is PayPal

256447 is used by some Google apps

262966 is Amazon

The others are "shared" shortcodes used by multiple businesses - based on what you text to that code, you get a specific response back

0 Likes
iadave72
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started happening on my account last night, but only in our family group text message (MMS). There are 4 of us in the group chat. The 3 of us that are on Verizon all get messages from ourselves. My oldest daughter is on another provider and she does not get the message. I can text my wife or either one of my daughters as a single person to person message and none of us get the message. This only happens in our group message. This is getting very annoying. I don't know what updates happened that have caused this, but several things happened with the update that have angry me off. I'll deal with them, since I don't have much choice, but someone needs to address this issue.

ddillon73

I started getting this same message yesterday. So far it's limited to group text. But when I can't get messages from my own family members now that's a serious problem Verizon. GET IT FIXED. We're already looking at taking all 6 lines over to Xfinity. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, ddillon! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your text messages. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? What message app are you using? Is this occurring to single messages? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Llongston
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wife and daughter started getting these also. I haven't received them yet. We are all on the same account. Wife has an s10+ daughter had an iPhone. They are both relieving these when they receive MMS messages but the MMS still goes through.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Llongston, we apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. We are currently investigating this issue and need to file a ticket with our internal support. At your earliest convenience, please check your private messages.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes