Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
MCL1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.

Why do I keep getting this annoying message over and over and over???

Labels (1)
180 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your concerns are addressed today regarding your issue. To better understand your concern is this does this happen when you are sending a text message? What kind of phone do you have and is this a prepaid account or postpaid account that you are on? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
4Inmyfamily

Same thing is happening to me.  Have you figured anything out

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you're receiving this message, 4lnmyfamily. Let's take a closer look into this. When did this start? Are you having trouble using any services on your device? Are you having trouble with any other messages? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Hostilejava

Same thing is happening to my wife and myself, whenever we get a message in a group chat that we have with another verizon customer we get these messages that look like they are coming from our own number, we are also using the verizon smart family app.

0 Likes
c19751

Same thing. I have no blocked numbers but it seems to be when getting messages from a group chat so I'm wondering if I'm missing texts. Which would be bad. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

C19751, the last thing we would ever wish is for you to be missing important messages. Our network technicians are investigating to get to the bottom of this. Do you know if this specifically happens when sending or receiving a picture? Have there been any changes with the messaging application you use? Which messaging app are you using for the group messages?

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
danasmith6

Me too!!!  It's from group chats for me too. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s our priority to get this error message issue resolved immediately for you Danasmith6.  A private message has been sent for further assistance.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
vzwuser2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same. But it seems I get the messages from the group chats though. Just random messages from myself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, @Sipperdog! We understand how alarming it is to see that you are receiving this error message. Are you receiving text messages even after receiving this alert and are any of your other services like calls and data being impacted? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Sipperdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Doesn't seem to be affecting anything else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying this information for me, Sipperdog. Very strange that you are receiving these messages. To clarify, what is the number that is sending these messages? Are you currently a Prepay or Postpay customer?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
curiousone1

I think this may happen when a Venmo recipient doesn't have an account set up and the money in not accepted. then returned to your bank. I have a corrulation with the text recieved and Venmo returning some money I sent to a friend. 

0 Likes
Kharrell30

It is the person you blocked!! And if you open they text they can now text you!!

0 Likes
Jay628
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously?  If you open it, they can text again?  This is a definite glitch in the blocking text system that needs to be addressed.  I can't believe Verizon can't get to the bottom of it.  It is obvious something that happens after you block someone.  Look how many people have experienced the same thing after blocking a number.  My concern was it's always in threes, except once it was EIGHT times in rapid fire succession.  I was wondering if that mean the person I blocked sent me three (or eight) texts.  It is concerning to think the blocked person is harassing you with a rapid fire of emails.  But the fact most get this weird message in a sequence of three, it may just fire off this message three times rather than the actual blocked contact.

0 Likes
Stu6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I stumbled on a phone troll while using craigslist this morning, and blocked their number in the verizon system, after a couple of obscene texts.  Now my phone has gone crazy with these "Recipient" messages.

After reading other's experiences here, and what's happening now, I'm assuming that this happens every time the troll tries to msg me.  The message on his phone should say "Message failed", and this is my end of the Verizon feedback on that.

On the humorous side, in the last 20 minutes or so, he's tried to troll me 8 times, and failed.  I think I popped his head off its stem.  It was aggravating having to figure out what the "Recipient" msg meant, but in the end, well worth it!  I'm smiling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stu6,

I certainly understand how those messages could get old quickly. Keeping people blocked who are sending inappropriate messages is a big deal. We're glad to help. Which service in our system are you using to block these messages?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
davidwhite2542
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Verizon call filter app was blocking one of my contacts. (My Girlfriend!!! LOL) 

So what I did was search for her phone number in the app, and unblock it.

That solved the problem for me! Hopes this helps!

David White
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to have your messages delivered. This message could be due to the recipeint being unable to receive the message, or their service is not available. Does this message appears with all messages sent? Do you have a prepaid or postpaid account?

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
NikkiC

Post paid the message also mentions a device restriction 

0 Likes

I have unlimited talk and text through Verizon no prepaid.  Could this have anything to do with blocked callers?

0 Likes