Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
MCL1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.

Why do I keep getting this annoying message over and over and over???

Labels (1)
180 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tcrgemini, we understand wanting to get down to the bottom of this. Do you have a number blocked? If so, how is the number blocked?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes

Okay, nobody seems to be replying to you or giving you details or has a sense of whats going on. I have no clue why. But my friend is attempting to send me photos which use data. Thru the mms on text. Not iphone. Neither of us is on prepaid, both of us have unlimited data. I recieve said texts from my number as they send them. Texts go thru just fine. Both our data is working. I even connected to wifi and the problem is still happening. We both have good signal. Any other info just ask.

0 Likes
Tincam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been getting these messages for the past few days. It’s annoying. You’d think with as much as we pay for Verizon that they could figure it out and solve it. Pathetic 

tkjackson

It is happening to my phone too. I got the message about the recipient has insufficient funds to receive message. It came from my own number. I am wondering if it has to do with the Smart Family being on another line on my account. Or maybe if someone blocked my number and couldn't recieve a text from me. Is this an ongoing issue with Verizon or does it have something to do with me alone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tkjackson, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been impacted by this error message. I know how important it is for your text messages to work properly. Please reply to my Direct Message, so we can gather the details needed to assist further. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
js27195
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting this error message as well, and it comes in as a text but from my own number.  Really annoying.  What can be done to stop verizon from sending me the message?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly an odd occurrence and we want to get to the bottom of it right away. Do you receive this text at a specific time or during any specific event? StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes
TN7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep reading that "you'll" get to the bottom of this but never see any answers. There are hundreds of people having this same issue. Can someone please really get to the bottom of this???

Jay628
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly!  How hard can it be to figure this out.  The common thread is "blocked numbers".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jay628 Please go to the Private Message here in this forum. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
pr2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can someone please help me with this issue as well - I feel I would get a quicker resolution than trying to explain to front-end support or asking for Tier II/Tech/NRB.

Per a previous note from vzw earlier in this thread I tried messing with my overage alerts and what not and got another flood of these restriction texts. Very tired of seeing these - it is definitely related to a blocked number I have on acct. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pr2020-

We never want you having any issues with those type of notifications. I'm here to help. When did you start receiving those messages? What messaging app do you use?

Carmen_VZWSupport

0 Likes
pr2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

Off and on since November of last year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pr2020, 

We want to get to the bottom of this once and for all. Are you the one getting the message? Is the other line on your account? Do you use our Smart Family service?

JenelleW_vzw

0 Likes
pr2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regarding what app I'm using - I don't understand how that could have any involvement, as I'm using the block on my account through Verizon, not android or a messenger app. I thought a blocked text message doesn't even send when a blocked individual tries to send a message.

I'm not using verizons paid service, I am using the 5 free block service that expires every 90 days and cycle it when it expires.

I'm the one receiving the message, no one else on my account is. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information. With regard to this message our block service will block the message from coming in but as far as the alert that you are getting this is the reason for that. While you may not see the physical message you will receive the automated message shown on your phone automatically. With the current free service option that you are using it will continue to do so when a message is sent to you. Does this make sense? 

0 Likes
Flying4Ever
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two things should be included with any plan... unlimited blocking, and the spam filtering service. It makes no sense for either of those to be behind an additional paywall. It would be beneficial to the entire Verizon network and honestly humanity in general to provide a better and more secure network across the board.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your feedback is extremely valuable, and we'll make sure to lift up your suggestion. Please don't forget that our Call Filter app offers Free Spam Protection. You can find out more through the following link:https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
pr2020
Enthusiast - Level 2

No it does not - you have about 2 years worth of customers posting on here, on reddit and other message boards about this issue. You have multiple users asking for assistance and a few stating that reaching out to NRB or some other form of Tier II technical support resolved the issue. I would like someone to try to resolve this as well for me. 

This used to not be a problem, and now it is. It is not acceptable. I shouldn't have to pay for a service that does not provide me any benefit beyond 20 permanent blocks.

duppy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with a fast talker from Verizon. They have NO IDEA what the issue is and offered to put a spam filter on my phone. I asked them repeatedly HOW it worked and this woman had no clue how it will stop MY NUMBER from texting me about insufficient funds!!! I remember the days when Verizon fixed issues and people understood what they're doing. This is an obvious hack of some sort and they outright refuse to acknowledge it and/or fix it. blockheads!

Naneki808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already had the spam filter on my phone for weeks with no issue getting this message.

The “insufficient” message started appearing after I installed “smart family” app.

Now that “smart” app is having connectivity issues on its own (not so smart), and I’m not getting the message anymore.

Hmmm

0 Likes