Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
Hostilejava

Same thing is happening to my wife and myself, whenever we get a message in a group chat that we have with another verizon customer we get these messages that look like they are coming from our own number, we are also using the verizon smart family app.

0 Likes
tkjackson

It is happening to my phone too. I got the message about the recipient has insufficient funds to receive message. It came from my own number. I am wondering if it has to do with the Smart Family being on another line on my account. Or maybe if someone blocked my number and couldn't recieve a text from me. Is this an ongoing issue with Verizon or does it have something to do with me alone?

0 Likes
austin13aker

Okay, nobody seems to be replying to you or giving you details or has a sense of whats going on. I have no clue why. But my friend is attempting to send me photos which use data. Thru the mms on text. Not iphone. Neither of us is on prepaid, both of us have unlimited data. I recieve said texts from my number as they send them. Texts go thru just fine. Both our data is working. I even connected to wifi and the problem is still happening. We both have good signal. Any other info just ask.

0 Likes
Tincam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been getting these messages for the past few days. It’s annoying. You’d think with as much as we pay for Verizon that they could figure it out and solve it. Pathetic 

CHanes

I get the same message and it's from a text I send to myself? How does that happen?

0 Likes
nordelbb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just started getting these messages this morning on a Samsung 8+.  No blocked numbers, not on a prepaid plan, no trying to send payments to anyone or receiving payments from anyone.  It is OBVIOUS that this problem is either due to a recent Verizon update or is a problem that just popped up at Verizon's end (for who knows what reason).  Additionally, as we all know, the Verizon support person monitoring this thread is no better than a robot that can't think on it's own.  Hopefully, someone else who's experiencing this problem will be able to figure it out since Verizon has been no help at all.

eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

For me it started last night, and doesn't happem all the time, and no no one use a pre-paid plan that I'm sending text messages to.

Llongston
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wife and daughter started getting these also. I haven't received them yet. We are all on the same account. Wife has an s10+ daughter had an iPhone. They are both relieving these when they receive MMS messages but the MMS still goes through.

tl65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add to the long list of complaints. we have 4 phones on our plan. 2 are getting these messages for no apparent reason, 2 are not.  Obviously with the number of people bringing this up it needs to be solved by Verizon, ASAP please.

MR118
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not helpful. That's not the issue. 

0 Likes