Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
MCL1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.

Why do I keep getting this annoying message over and over and over???

Labels (1)
180 Replies
StillSoNYC

I bet you have the solution. I get these messages from time to time, also, and they do not result from my having sent a text, or from my having a limited account. 

0 Likes
Juju81

I've recently blocked somebody too, how do you know it's that blocked person though?

Thanks, 

Juju

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The message you're receiving seems to be letting you know that a message you sent to someone else did not go through. However, let's gather some information, to make sure we're covering all our bases. Are you able to send and receive messages with no problem? When did this begin? Please share some additional details for me, thank you. 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
DeeAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are 14 pages of people complaining of this issue and Verizon saying they're working on the issue. Beginning in March (2019) and the last message in the thread is from a Verizon customer service member saying the following:

"The message you're receiving seems to be letting you know that a message you sent to someone else did not go through. However, let's gather some information, to make sure we're covering all our bases. Are you able to send and receive messages with no problem? When did this begin? Please share some additional details for me, thank you."

I can't believe it hasn't been figured out yet. And they're just repeating the problem back to you!

I'm not receiving the message, my sister is every time I try to send her a text. On my end, it just says "not delivered". 

I haven't blocked anyone recently. But I'd love to be able to contact my sister when needed. 

And having a customer service rep tell me my issue, which I already know , is very frustrating. 

Willem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a fix ? Started happening after I connected thru my PC direct to verizon to upate last week. Seems rediculous .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Willem, 

We definitely want to fix this. Do you currently subscribe to Usage Controls on your account? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/usage-controls-faqs/#item1

Which make and model phone do you have? Have you powered your device off and on since this issue started? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're very sorry to hear this is still an issue, DeeAC. Our network team confirmed they were able to get this known issue addressed and resolved. However, if you are still having problems we will need to gain access to your account to submit a resolution ticket to our engineers. This thread will not be an effective way to get resolved as Customer Service will need account access. Please check your private message and we will go from there. We appreciate your understanding. 

AnthonyC_VZW

0 Likes
DeeAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband received your private message and I explained that I'm not receiving these messages, my sister is. Every time I send her a text message. 

You said in your message to my husband that the issue is fixed. I just tried to send my sister a text and I can assure you, it is not fixed. I got another "not delivered" message. Which means, she got nother one of the insufficant funds" messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to see your sister is still getting this message, DeeAC. 

I know how heavily I use text messagin, so I would love to get to the bottom of this for her.

Can we reach out to your sister to get more details? If so, what is her name and contact number? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Lbmama
Enthusiast - Level 1

My child's phone, an iPhone 6, gets this message daily.  She was receiving lots of spam calls so we blocked the numbers but she keeps getting this message from herself multiple times a day.  Very frustrating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting unwanted calls and text messages can become a nuisance very quickly and we would like to help in any way we can. When did the issues start? Is she able to send and receive text messages without issue? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
DeeAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see any private messages from Verizon.

0 Likes
jen_12
Enthusiast - Level 1

That happened to me twice after blocking a person.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jen_12, we understand how much of an inconvenience this can be to receive the insufficient funds error message after blocking someone, we'll guide you to the information on the details surrounding this message. Please visit http://spr.ly/66011Gsid for more details.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
pilesofstuff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! Two phones on our family account are recieving these messages.

One's an iPhone 6plus and the other iPhone 7.
Both recently updated to iOS13.
Both are "child" phones in our family account
One has blocked numbers (but none recently), one does not.
Neither have Venmo accounts associated with their phone numbers. Nor do they have anyone that would be sending them funds via Venmo.

The update seems to be the only thing in common here. 

Verizon - please help sort this out. 

ka21170
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have blocked people in the past and never had this happen until I blocked my first number after the newest galaxy update. I'm going to try turning my phone off & back on to see if that works for me too.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you have the right plan to use while traveling or calling Canada is very important ka21170. We can help with your Go-Unlimited plan features. You can call Canada and Mexico. If more than 50% of your talk, text and data in a 60-day period in Canada and Mexico services can be suspended. There is Unlimited calling to Mexico and Canada. If you're physically in Canada and Mexico using over half could change the terms of your international plan. 

Does this information help? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
MR118
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not helpful. That's not the issue. 

0 Likes
ekahl

to add to the puzzle.. I received a text from an unblocked friend in a group chat.  The message went through successfully on my Samsung tablet, but on my phone, I received the insufficient funds message instead (as if it was coming from me)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ekahl, Verizon is currently experiencing a wireless network issue in your area. Our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it quickly.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
tvanholt

I am also having the same issues and so arethe some other lines on my account. The message on my phone comes from a internation # and on 2 of the other lines it show its coming from thier phone numbers....?? 

0 Likes