Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registering on Verizon Wireless website
bbuiqq

Hi,I just purchased a Motorola Xoom and tried to register on the website. It sends a temporary password via text, but seeing as how the Xoom does not receive texts, how do I register?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Registering on Verizon Wireless website
jasnmar
Call customer service. They obviously hadn't thought of someone getting a Xoom without an existing VZW account.
Jason
mnpphoto

Good luck!  You will have to ask them to mail it to you via postal mail unless you have a Verizon phone account.  The store guy even tried to send the text to me on my Ax&x phone and it would not work, it could tell it wasn't a Verizon account.

At this point that seems that snail mail is the only way unless you can talk a store rep or tech into setting up a temporary account or phone to get a text message as if you had a Verizon phone account.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

bbuiqq wrote:

Hi,I just purchased a Motorola Xoom and tried to register on the website. It sends a temporary password via text, but seeing as how the Xoom does not receive texts, how do I register?

Thanks in advance.

Please contact our Technical Support at 1-800-922-0204 option 3, and we will be happy to assist you with your XOOM device online registration.

0 Likes
fogdude

Antonio, I called tech support previously and they said they had to mail me a password. Do they have a way of setting it since last week?

It's also not what another Verizon employee said - only snail mail. boo.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Motorola-Xoom/My-Verizon-Mobile-App-on-Motorola-Xoom-no-text-message-to/...

0 Likes