Press and hold the Power button until the Power off option appears then release. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
Hard Reset https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205214/
- Ensure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button.
- While continuing to hold volume down, press and release the Power button but continue to hold volume down until the boot mode screen appears.
- From the Bootloader selection screen (image of an Android with Start), select RECOVERY MODE.
Utilize the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the power button to select.
- From the Android system recovery screen (image of an Android with an exclamation mark), do the following to display the menu options:
Ensure the steps below are performed in a timely manner. If power is held too long (longer than 5 seconds), the device resets.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- While continuing to hold the power button, press the Volume Up button then release all buttons.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset then from the confirmation prompt select Yes.
- Select Userdata + personalized content.
Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Select Reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
To set up the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.