Re: SD Card Unexpectedly Removed
CORocker

I'm now having this same issue with my Samsung Galaxy III. It's frustrating when I want to save a new picture or newly downloaded music and suddenly my phone isn't recognizing my SD card! The worst part is that I just bought this SD card two weeks ago and my phone was reading it fine until this week. Now my pics are being saved to my phone which is slowing down EVERYTHING my phone does, including sending texts and making calls. Please fix this Verizon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CORocker,

Saving all data is quite important and we defintiely want you to have access to save all of it on your SD card. Please follow these steps to ensure it's mounted properly http://vz.to/1eFhzZQ ; if it is, you may need to back up all your data to your PC and format the card http://vz.to/1nEwzwx .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jnevbro

Hey

Has anyone accountable made any progress on this? i have same issue. when i remove my SD card & put it back in it fixes but error comes back in a few minutes. not sure what to do... What is Verizon or Motorola doing ?  can i get a new phone for this? it is important to have this data backed up... and is a basic functional need. it seems reasonable that they should address this.

Jnevbro

0 Likes
jnevbro

Any advice? I'm not sensing accountability for fixing this basic functional issue. i've tried the recommended repairs, and it does not work. i keep getting "sd card unexpectedly removed" within 5 minutes of taking it out and putting it back in. while its connected all of the files are there. i cannot see how this can be an sd card issue. who is going you step up and resolve this?

Please advise

Jnevbro

0 Likes
Phipps

We and a friend with a Droid Razr HD had the same difficulty.  Apparently it is an issue with the phone, as many have seen it.  Since installing Motorola's latest softtware update I have not seen the problem.

0 Likes
TheDolf

I have the RAzr HD and my phone has only gotten this issue a few times happen to my phone. I bought the phone in March or April of last year and was enjoying the phone. I believe it was back in September my phone received an update (Jellybean if I recall correctly) that was the first time I had received the SD Card unexpectedly removed. I kept getting it for a few days did a google search on the issue no one had an answer. So I thought maybe it was something with the SD Card so I tried to put the SD Card into my computer (The first time I had actually ever done this too). The card would not show any of my pictures on my computer which I thought was strange but thankfully I had my phone set to back up my pictures so I didn't really worry about losing them.

I put the sd card back into my phone because I could not remove the photos off of it from the computer and had to reboot my phone. I only had a few seconds to get into the files on the card and remove the photos I had on it so I had to remove all the photos. Before doing this however I did notice one thing when I would go into the sd card to see what photos I had on there and certain ones would not show up with a thumbnail preview at all. Once I had deleted all the photos my sd card started working as normal again.

Again I only had this happen twice maybe three times to my phone and I know it happened definitely after receiving an update. Now is this going to fix the issue that you guys are having maybe or maybe not. I am just explaining how I had fixed it on my phone which it seems like the software is corrupting the data on the card for whatever reason.

I suggest backing up whatever data you have saved on your SD Card before you do this.

0 Likes
TheDolf

Sorry I also feel like I need to clarify some information.

My card would "remove unexpectedly" shortly after my phone would boot up and would not remount until I would reboot my phone at which point would unmount again shortly after booting up which is what led me to deleting my DCIM folder {Files>SD card>DCIM(highlight the whole folder and then deleted it)}. If you experience the issue that I had I would try what I had done but make sure you have the information backed up.

As for the verizon help support I would like to thank you guys on trying to help with this issue but honestly I feel this has nothing to do with you guys but more of a google andriod issue. Solving this would take more than just copying from the script that verizon supplies you with. I know what it is like to be in the position you guys are in having worked at a help desk before for a company that wanted you to keep things moving as quickly as possible but we know that is not easily the case for these issues.

Hopefully what has worked for me works for the majority of the people having this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the clarification, TheDolf.
We want to be sure to provide your findings to other representatives should they also experience this.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes