Same Phone Number Different SIM?
afinley92

I'm currently using a Galaxy Nexus by Samsung which uses a MicroSIM card, however I'm thinking of getting either an iPhone 5S through Apple or a Moto X Developer Edition through Motorola, my dilemma comes in where these two possibilities both use NanoSIM cards. I guess my question is can I go into a Verizon and ask them to convert my current SIM to a Nano SIM so I can keep my same number? Should I not like my choice, I'll probably pass it off to my mom or dad as a gift, can they do the same? i.e have verizon convert their current line to a new Nano SIM? Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Same Phone Number Different SIM?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can get a new SIM card free at your local Corporate Verizon store for the iPhone or Moto X.  If you activate the phone on your line and then decide to pass the phone on to one of your parents, then they'd need yet another new SIM card to activate the phone on their line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Same Phone Number Different SIM?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can get a new SIM card free at your local Corporate Verizon store for the iPhone or Moto X.  If you activate the phone on your line and then decide to pass the phone on to one of your parents, then they'd need yet another new SIM card to activate the phone on their line.

0 Likes