Skinomi TechSkin product review
WraithDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was looking for some scratch protection for the Xoom, but still wanted to use the Motorola case when I took it out of the house. I currently use one of the silicone covers for my Droid X and almost bought one for the Xoom, but I saw a cool Carbon Fiber print by Skinomi on Amazon that I just had to have. I ordered the Skinomi TechSkin Carbon Fiber film shield & screen protector w/lifetime replacements for $23.95. The product came as advertised and there were 2 screen protectors in the package I received. I haven't applied the screen protector yet, but it is larger than the one Verizon sells and has cut outs where the front camera and sensors are. The film shield for the back was easy to apply, and the directions say to use a blow dryer to help form the film on the edges which worked fine. I was a little disappointed that the back pieces do not actually fold over the edge, the kit comes with 5 strips that are placed around the top, bottom, and sides of the Xoom. I think if the design was engineered differently with the correct pie cutouts at the corners, once it's warmed it would have went over the edges to cover the sides just fine. I also think the small pieces around the camera/button area could have been designed differently for a more refined look. Overall I like the product and gave it 4 of 5 stars at Amazon due to the design. I have some pictures but am unable to  figure out how to post them at the moment, and yes it still fits into the Motorola case.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes