Still no 4G - Let's make a deal
mgerbasio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since we still don't have 4G has anyone tried asking Verizon to allow Xoom owners to purchase a 4G mifi hotspot and allow the 3G/$35 tabet plan with it?

I think that would be fair and reasonable expectation considering we've been waiting four months with no end date in site.

0 Likes
Re: Still no 4G - Let's make a deal
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

End of 2Q is Thursday, Verizon should be required to offer full refunds.  Since release date advertisements, magazine, and news papers stated soon, within 90 days, and most said 2Q for LTE.  Consumer paid an extra 200.00 for the promise of LTE within the 90 days or 2Q.  Same problem with sd card, seems odd that Xoom's outside of the US will have the sd card activated when they get 3.1. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

glocker wrote:

End of 2Q is Thursday, Verizon should be required to offer full refunds.  Since release date advertisements, magazine, and news papers stated soon, within 90 days, and most said 2Q for LTE.  Consumer paid an extra 200.00 for the promise of LTE within the 90 days or 2Q.  Same problem with sd card, seems odd that Xoom's outside of the US will have the sd card activated when they get 3.1. 

Not to sound mean, or even an Apologist which people like to call it...

Soon is subjective.  It could mean now or until the end of the world.  There is no defined "90 days" or anything of that sort.  Most of the articles that say Q2 are RUMORS based on assumption of the writer of said article.

I wonder why people buy things without things and expect it to be a promise to get it shortly there after.  Personally I have held off buying a Xoom for those very reasons.  I am waiting for a Tablet to have everything I want, without any "promises". 

0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might want to do a search in the NY tImes and Wall Street Journal, thats just two.  They weren't pulling 2Q out of the air.   Verizon showed within 90 days, during release.  That can also be found on the Web.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/new-fee-lets-you-break-verizon-contract-without-early-termination-fee...

Keep in mind, though, that you will have to actually LEAVE Verizon. If you cancel your contract and then just re-sign with Verizon, your old account will just be re-activated unless you actually leave for, I believe, 90 or more days. If you come back withing this 90 day period, it will be considered an acceptance of the new terms and your ETF will still be in effect. Additionally, you will most likely not be able to get discounted pricing on a new phone within that 90 day period.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/new-fee-lets-you-break-verizon-contract-without-early-termination-fee...

Keep in mind, though, that you will have to actually LEAVE Verizon. If you cancel your contract and then just re-sign with Verizon, your old account will just be re-activated unless you actually leave for, I believe, 90 or more days. If you come back withing this 90 day period, it will be considered an acceptance of the new terms and your ETF will still be in effect. Additionally, you will most likely not be able to get discounted pricing on a new phone within that 90 day period.

yeah, im just giving all those people that are upset the chance

they can go to a new provider with no etf to vzw

see how green the grass is on the other side of the fence

then come running back

0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not trying to get out of contract, the hardware was falsely advertised.  No LTE in 2Q and now Verizon is taking pre orders for a LTE tablet.  http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=Samsung%20Galaxy%20Tab%2010

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you for your inquiry. At this time, our 4G mobile hotspots are only compatible with the 5GB and 1GB plans. I understand why you are anxious to have your Xoom upgraded to 4G, as our 4G speeds are amazing! I too am anxiously awaiting. We do not have an exact date on the Xoom 4G upgrade, but we will communicate that information once it is available. For further details on the Xoom upgrade, please click here

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
NY Times got that from rumor sites. A lot of their tech articles are from those sources. If you read them. None of them got it officially from Verizon or even stated they got that information from them. Show me something where Verizon stated something and not a rumored or opinion.
0 Likes