I have a moto z force droid phone and when I get a text message it shows a preview of the message on the lock screen. It use to only show an alert in the status bar and not a preview of the message. Is there a way of turning off this preview? I have tried ever setting in Notifications both in system settings and Message+ settings but to no avail. Also, I have rebooted the phone after each change but again to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.
I understand your desire to not allow your text messages to preview on your device’s lock screen. Please allow me to assist.
Here’s a link with instructions how to change the “Lock Screen Notifications” on your Moto Z Force: http://vz.to/2DC45qI. Please let me know how that works out for you.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
If you attached the screenshot to an e-mail reply, it won't post. You have to sign into the community forum, navigate to the discussion thread, and reply directly.
The link works for me:
Lock Screen Notifications - Moto Z Droid Edition / Force
The lock screen notification setting defaults to:
- "Don't show notifications at all" if a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® account is set up on the device.
- "Show all notification content" for all other users.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Settings > Notifications (Device section).
- Tap the Gear icon located in the upper-right.
- Tap On the lock screen then select an option:
- Show all notification content