Re: Switched to Moto X - data from 1GB to 8GB! What am I doing wrong?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi inthedo,

We absolutely want to get to the bottom of your data usage increase. Managing your data usage is very important! In order to get a good idea about the details of your usage we will need account access, and this information will be best given privately through a Direct Message.

I did request to follow you. Can you accept this please and then follow me back? This will allow us to Direct Message eachother.

Here's how to Direct Message http://vz.to/1lKLT9T and here's my profile http://vz.to/1ly4msR .

Thank you!
RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
inthedo

Thank you so much for checking these posts!  I just requested you to follow.  I will wait for your reply Smiley Happy

Jeannine

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Jeannine,

Let me know what you find out. Thanks.

Doc

inthedo

absolutely!  Just an FYI, I had to increase my usage this morning to the next level, and I have already used about 3/4 of a GB already going online to do email and these posts!  I am just waiting for the Verizon assistant to follow me to speak to her directly.

Thank you for your help as well.

Jeannine

0 Likes
gretchenrd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to another verizon store where I actually received some customer service.  They swaped out my SIM card.  I've deleted my personal email account from my phone, use my phone much less than I did before changing phones, and I've had my exchange settings checked.  Still don't know what is wrong.  It's only been a couple days and I've been using wi-fi mostly so we shall see what happens.

0 Likes
inthedo

Hi Doc,

I still don't have any answers yet....I am trying some other things on my own to see if my theory of using 4G actually computes your usage as higher than 3G. It shouldn't because it is only the speed to which you get your data, but I have some theories that support otherwise.

Let me know if you know of anything please?

Thanks,

Jeannine

0 Likes
jself43

Did you ever find a resolution?  I'm having the same problem.  I used to use .5 to .75gb and now I'm exceeding my 6gb limit.  My usage habits have not changed just my phone.  Went to Verizon store and they check settings but could not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, jself43!  I want to ensure we can find what on your device is using more data than usual.

Which model device do you have?  Are you using the Moto X as well?  Have you had a chance to view your data usage details on My Verizon?  We can look at the data sessions to see if we can pinpoint when and what your device is connecting to?  Keep me posted!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You are doing nothing wrong. It is the phone and mostly the BLOATWARE on the phone.

Start by Disabling any of the bloatware you do NOT use as it still calls home for updates and or to try to update.

Disable MyVerizon as it is a data hog, Disable or do NOT use Backup Assistant with Cloud or any BUA for that matter. The syncing on that is also a data hog.

Change others that you do not need real time information to only update on Wi-Fi (Facebook, email, text messaging should NOT be in here as they need to update to give you your data.

Change Google Play to update on Wi-Fi (there is no need for an app to use your data to update while you are out driving around since the one already on the phone will work. Update them only over Wi-Fi and save the Data.

B33
Legend

Good Suggestion Jake and I finally did it I got myself a Moto X the Black Store Version.. I opted for this on as I could see at the store I liked the white one but Black just sings Like ol Kojak would say!  This phone reminds of it size to my Incredible, I put it next to my Droid Maxx and looks like a small fry to it b

0 Likes