Text Messages not being received
huf1948

I have a contact person on my RAZR phone who does not receive my text messages but I do receive theirs.  Network support says it's being sent but they don't see it's been received.  The messages have been working in the past but just stopped one day.  Any help would be appreicated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messages not being received
Not applicable

Good Afternoon huf1948,

Thank you for the additional information. Your message settings are correctly provisioned in our switch. Have you confirmed that your friend is only having difficulties receiving messages from your number? Has this person had any problems with receiving messages from any other numbers? Are you able to call this number and leave voicemail without difficulties?

If our Data Support Team determined the messages are being sent on our end, yet not received by this one specific number, the problem may be related to that particular number and carrier.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Plague

I have the same problem and spoke to Verizon 2 weeks ago and they said they were aware of it and it is a Motorola issue.  I contacted them again today and now they say they have no reported problems of this issue on normal text messages but just on picture messages.

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello huf1948,

I would be happy help make sure other users are able to consistently receive your messages.  Are you using the native messaging application or on from a 3rd party downloaded through the Market?  Did you notice this happen after installing any new applications in general?  Is the other user a Verizon Wireless customer?  I would suggest erasing the entire messaging thread that you have with this contacts and then re-send a message.  Also, have you tried composing a new message and entering that contacts number manually to see if it will send?  If needed, it would be my pleasure to continue troubleshooting your messaging concerns.  Please don't hesitate to send me a Direct Message with your name and cell number and we can work towards a resolution.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Wow same problem here, am not getting all messages and some people do not get mine

0 Likes
huf1948

Answers to your questions:  Using native messaging app., No, didn't load any new apps prior to problem but I was in Verizon store because I was having a heat issue with the phone where it got too hot.  The Verizon rep wiped out phone and then reloaded apps.  Text messaging to this contact worked until the next day around noontime.  Yes I erased the entire message and also tried sending new message after I removed number from contact list.

The person is using a no contract samsung phone using Straightalk service.

Hope you can help.

Ed

919=395-2200

hufswan@aol.com

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Afternoon huf1948,

Thank you for the additional information. Your message settings are correctly provisioned in our switch. Have you confirmed that your friend is only having difficulties receiving messages from your number? Has this person had any problems with receiving messages from any other numbers? Are you able to call this number and leave voicemail without difficulties?

If our Data Support Team determined the messages are being sent on our end, yet not received by this one specific number, the problem may be related to that particular number and carrier.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am also having the same problem.  it is random sometimes people don't recieve my texts and sometimes I don"t recieve other peoples.  They are all from other verizon phones and i am using the text messages that came on the phone.

0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

i need help with this issue to.  i am using the text program on the phone and sending texts to other veriozn customers.

0 Likes
huf1948

JonathanK_VZW

This person receives other text messages from other people with different carriers but not mine.  Have no problem leaving a voicemail or receiving phone calls from them.  The carrier management stated no problem with the phone or service.

So, it seems other people on Verizon are have similar problems which Verizon can not fix....it goes into a black hole.  So, what are you folks going to do?????

0 Likes
bradmac88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue. I have never installed a 3rd party messaging app. I am only able to receive messages from other Verizon customers. I have sent messages to Sprint,ATT, Virgin Mobile,Metro PCS, Straight Talk and Boost Mobile. They have received them but I never get their reply. I am able to make and receive calls to all of these numbers and data is transmitting seamlessly.  I know it is my phone because the 3 other phones on my Account are having none of these issues.  My phone was even taken off the network and put back on and the texting reset. I have also done 4 power cycles and 2 master resets and the issue has yet to be resolved. I even went as far as sending messages from a prepaid att phone that I had in my hand. The prepaid receives my messages but I never receive the messages from it. I have been told their is a trouble ticket on it and it could take up to 72 hours. I cannot go 72 hours with this issue due to my employment and family issues that are going on.

0 Likes