Re: Text messages not going through?
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have any of you tried a factory rest and wiping your cache partition?

0 Likes
dswilson3

I'm having the same issue... I am receiving texts from a close friend, but he is not receiving any texts from me. I have an iPhone 4s and he is on the Sprint network using a Galaxy I believe. Texts were going through fine both ways until Sunday, Feb. 16th. This is very frustrating... any resolution to this issue yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dooz107, Thank you for all the details, it helps to narrow down what we need to work on. What's your zip code? Please back up your data to your PC or Backup assistant and then try Safe Mode http://vz.to/1eaCTX9 ; this will not delete any information, but it's just a precaution. Keep us posted on the outcome.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ndragna
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon just needs to realize that they need to stop locking these devices...android is an operating system..apple is an operating system..just like when a computer starts becoming to slow you RE-INSTALL THE OS. It's really as simple as that..It's the image..not your phone most likely. There are so many problems with stocks jellybean it's not even funny.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dswilson3,

Text messaging is one of the most popular forms of communication in the wireless world. We want to make sure that you are able to enjoy all of your service, including texts, while on the go. May I ask are you able to make and receive calls to the Sprint number? If so then I would suggest deleting the entire text conversation with the Sprint customer, reboot the device, and retest. I recommend performing this step on both your iPhone and the Sprint customer's device. Once you have done so. please advise of the resolution after testing.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
creyne

I started having problems with text messages going through 2 days ago. I have a droid DNA, and restarting the phone has not resolved this. I am using the text service that came with the phone, and no new apps, etc. One minute it works, the next they won't go through at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello creyne, messages at your fingertips is super important! Have you tried sending the messages manually instead of from the saved contact list to see if it goes through? Power the phone off and remove the sim card for 40 seconds and then reboot to see if messages go through. Also, test in safe mode: http://vz.to/1eInamw

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
creyne

DNA, not a Razr....tried all that.  I finally got them to start going through by clearing the cache.  But this started happening occaisionally, as well as a huge delay in opening up a text history, since the update in December.  It takes many seconds for the text window to open, even if I just sent one to that person minutes before.

Not happy with the update....many issues since then.  I hope they are working on this as I have seen many posts complaining on the VZW community pages.

Thanks

Candace

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, creyne. I am glad to hear the messages are now going through. We are always working to offer you the very best device experience. Please keep me updated on status as I would be happy to offer additional support.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
mjshuster1

Please help!!!  I'm having this same problem as well when I'm at work.  I have a Droid Razr M and my outbound texts only work about 50% of the time at the office.  Some texts will send, but many will just hang with a green arrow and never send.  Some that hang eventually do send, but many also just end in an error and, quite frankly, I have no idea if they were ever sent.  Also, sending group txts seem to work less often than anything else.

This has been an ongoing problem for the past couple years and was happening with my previous phone (Droid 3) as well.  I work right outside Boston, so reception shouldn't be an issue.  I also asked around and others at my work don't seem to be having problems like this (that I can tell).  I've called into tech support multiple times and they've told me something different each time.  I'd really just like to get this solved and stop being told things that don't help.  Thanks!

0 Likes