Turbo2 lack of message "badges"
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

My last 3 Droid phones were Samsung's, so I took unread message badges (the little red ball with the number of unread) for granted. Now  Motorola can't or won't make that work. I even tried buying Nova Launcher and adding their unread counter add-on, and it bombed. Really...? Having buyers remorse.... But my company contracts so my phone was free, but now I'm stuck with this POS for two years....sigh

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Turbo2 lack of message "badges"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unread badges are a customization by Samsung beyond the stock Android OS. Motorola follows more closely to stock Android OS and doesn't have the unread badges just like the stock Android OS.

Personally I didn't care for the unread badges especially if they didn't clear once I opened the application to view the list of unread emails even if I didn't open all the unread emails. HTC devices had the unread badges, but they would disappear from the app icon after opening the application even if I didn't open any of the unread items.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well it worked perfectly on Samsung, and I was a fan. Should, coulda, woulda got another one if I'd known about this. Looks like I wait another 2 years....or watch for 3rd party app or launcher that supports it. Kinda like call blocker feature I lost and had to get an app for too....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I said, it was a Samsung customization. They added the extra code as a part of their TouchWiz UI. Next time research the phone models.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I said, company provided phone. Was free with contract extension. Their research ended at "phone is free with contract extension". Thanks anyway for your insights. Next time I'll insist on Samsung, and pay the difference, as I'll be retiring in 2 years and taking last smartphone and number with me.

0 Likes