Upgrade from analog cell phone to Android Razr maxx
allantx1

I am going to the mall today to upgrade my phone from a cell phone to android razr maxx.  Is there anything important I should know before deciding to buy this phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade from analog cell phone to Android Razr maxx
Cody21
Master - Level 2

LOL ... well, you can browse through this Forum to see what kinds of issues people are having - as well as the other phones - which frankly are not many issues. It's a great phone. If this is your 1st SmartPhone you should seriously consider taking one of the FREE (1 hour or so) classes that Verizon stores offer. It will help you get up to speed much faster. With this phone you're buying a powerful computer in addition to a phone. Have fun with it.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Great device choice, in my opinion. If you don't already have a Gmail account, you'll need one to sign in and activate an Android phone, so maybe do that beforehand. Verizon will transfer your contacts for you. After that, just enjoy a weekend of setting up, tweaking and playing with it!

The only other thing I can think of is you may want to adjust your settings to prolong battery life, though the RAZR Maxx is supposed to be great in that area. But if your battery does start draining quickly, turn your screen brightness down, don't use live wallpapers, turn off GPS and Bluetooth when you're not using them, set your email to check less frequently than every 5 minutes, etc.

Oh, and maybe don't download tons of apps right away ... it's best to add a few at a time, in case you run into problems with them not playing nice together. That way, if your phone suddenly acts up, you can go back and uninstall something.

ENJOY!!!! Let us know how you like it.

Edited to add: I like Cody's idea of the class too. The first couple days on Android has a bit of a learning curve.

B33
Legend

As having one of these phones an have seen what the capabilities are of it i would happily suggest it to ya there are several good things in my mind that good about a few are having issues with it but that is to expected any phone isn't going to exactly perfect we would hope they would be but not always the Case. An i will go in with Cody an Sydney an say taking a Class is essential since this is your First Smartphone because i would hate see you get it an be Upset with it because of not Knowing the ins an outs of it. The class will give you a good an clear perspective on the Maxx an it's capabilities. So when you get it Enjoy it to the Fullest. An as Syd said Give us Post an tell us your thoughts on it.. B33  

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

I have had my Razr Maxx since this past Thursday, so three days.  I love it so far, and I did go to the Android: Getting Started workshop the day I got it.  The workshop was very helpful.  They went over all kinds of things, from contacts, to sending a text, to adding an e-mail account, to downloading applications, and lots more.  It's definitely a good idea to go to this workshop!  They will answer all the questions you have!  And the Maxx itself is a wonderful phone...you will love the operating system, so easy to use, and the screen is nice and bright.  I think you will love the Razr Maxx!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I was wondering how you were doing with you Maxx!  Chip that's great news on the Classes maybe we can get more to Attend them to help one's understand the Android system an the phone in hole it self. 

Chip send Me a DM = Direct Message some time if want to an here's how to:

To Send a Direct Message to another Contributor that's trying to Assist in helping answer a Question or solve an Issue or just to Talk you Need to Put your Mouse on there Screen Name, Or this Box shown Here when you do that it Brings Up a Bigger Box as you See this slide your Mouse down to were it says Follow Click it. You will see a big blue Bar towards the Bottom that says waiting approval  Meaning the party you want to follow has to Approve to let you follow them. Now Once they give the Approval they will send one back to you An you will see it in the Actions Box Look up just a little it's Red with a Check in it.  Go in there you will see these Three choices Look in your Notifications for new Followers that want to Follow you will have {Accept}  {Reject}  {Ignore}  For your Choices:  To let them follow you an then send a D.M. = Direct Message you will need to Check Accept then you a Can send your Private Messages or Cell phone  Information instead of Posting it on the Main Post were other Eye's can Read it.  Sending a D.M. is Easy,  It's Fast, An It's Safe. B33 Smiley Happy 

B33 . <<< This is the Box you need to put your mouse on to Bring up the Bigger Box an to then Check Follo...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

B33, you have learned all the trick to post instructions...  You are getting impressive with your developing skills.. Smiley Happy

B33
Legend

Why thank you Sir! Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes