Re: Verizon Messages app help
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a Motorola phone, and I see the same behavior.  I have to actually open the VM+ app to see the count of unread messages.  Once I do open the app, I can see unread - but nothing shows on the tray icon, or notifications if I have already pulled down to view them...

Screenshot_2015-04-01-07-53-31.png  Screenshot_2015-04-01-07-53-25.png

Tritium

Ok, I went onto the Android forums and got a answer. Unfortunately for Motorola users, only the default text app will show the number notification. There is a app called Nova Launcher Prime which is $4 you can get along with the Nova Launcher badge app that will show numbers above your applications for any unread messages. What sucks even more is I have to wait 2 years with Verizon in order to get another phone. This is kind of a deal breaker for me.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It works as intended on the Motorola I've used.

VM icon.jpg

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think I've ever seen a number on the VM+ app like that...only in the message list as in the screenshot above.  VM+ is set as my default text app - did you disable the stock app?  What's your secret??  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I thought Verizons messenger was stock on Turbo.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I saw the OP's post, I've tried to determine the 'secret' and I don't know what it is.  I switch between VM and the stock text app without disabling the one not being used.  There isn't a setting that I've found to make it happen.  I have Message+ checked to display in Moto Display, but I don't think that's the secret.  If I figure anything out, I'll post it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I know that My Motos have to disable one app to set the other as default.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

When I saw the OP's post, I've tried to determine the 'secret' and I don't know what it is.  I switch between VM and the stock text app without disabling the one not being used.  There isn't a setting that I've found to make it happen.  I have Message+ checked to display in Moto Display, but I don't think that's the secret.  If I figure anything out, I'll post it.

I have VM+ selected, and the stock app unchecked in Moto display also, so that's not it.  I rarely switch between the two, and use VM+ exclusively. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I stopped using VM+ due to its data use.  I had originally thought that VM was just a stock replacement that could send MMS over wifi, but I was wrong.  My bill reflected a somewhat large increase in data and a much lower total of messages the next month.

0 Likes