Verizon Please comment about the proposed meaning of 'soon' regarding upgrades
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since Verizon is my vendor for 5 phones plus the Xoom and since Verizon sold me the Xoom with a promise of 'soon' for the upgrades could you please define soon for me? According to the people in the store it was a matter of a few weeks. If you cannot tell me when can you please confirm that you are still going to come through with your promise at 'some' point? I am no longer able to return the Xoom and could live with it the way it is without LTE for now but your silence is not very encouraging. Please advise. Do I need to go back to the store to figure this out? They don't seem to know anything there either the last time I checked though.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Please comment about the proposed meaning of 'soon' regarding upgrades
Not applicable

dave_flagg wrote:

Since Verizon is my vendor for 5 phones plus the Xoom and since Verizon sold me the Xoom with a promise of 'soon' for the upgrades could you please define soon for me? According to the people in the store it was a matter of a few weeks. If you cannot tell me when can you please confirm that you are still going to come through with your promise at 'some' point? I am no longer able to return the Xoom and could live with it the way it is without LTE for now but your silence is not very encouraging. Please advise. Do I need to go back to the store to figure this out? They don't seem to know anything there either the last time I checked though.

The upgrade from 3G to 4G on the Motorola Xoom is something we all anticipate greatly! I wish I had an exact date. Motorola and Verizon Wireless are expecting the upgrade to be available this summer.  At that time Motorola will set proper process expectations to have the chip built into the Xoom.

Please visit here to sign up for an email alert for the upgrade!

Thank you for your contributions!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Please comment about the proposed meaning of 'soon' regarding upgrades
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a legitimate customer of Verizon I am asking for some sort of answer. If it is not going to happen, please let me know. I will decide what to do from there, sell it or keep it but to ignore a request from a good, long term (over 10 years with multiple phones) paying over $200 a month customer seems to show a total lack of respect. Again, I am looking for an answer to your promises. Doesn't have to be the fix, only an answer that you are going to fix it, not going to fix it or that it will take x number of months. 

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

dave_flagg wrote:

As a legitimate customer of Verizon I am asking for some sort of answer. If it is not going to happen, please let me know. I will decide what to do from there, sell it or keep it but to ignore a request from a good, long term (over 10 years with multiple phones) paying over $200 a month customer seems to show a total lack of respect. Again, I am looking for an answer to your promises. Doesn't have to be the fix, only an answer that you are going to fix it, not going to fix it or that it will take x number of months. 

Please keep in mind that this is a customer to customer forum.  I understand your frustration with Motorola & Verizon on this issue as they really seem to have dropped the ball on these promised upgrades.  I am guessing that Verizon doesn't want to make any promises that Motorola can't meet.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I'm sure they will offer the upgrade as soon as Motorola solves the problem. Verizon can't say when that will be because they don't know.
0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks for your replies. there are vzw folks lurking here though. since the only person that i paid my money to was vzw that is my only recourse to complain to. Motorola didnt promise me anything and didnt get my money, at least not directly. at this point i am only asking them to confirm that they intend to fix this by fulfilling their promise with a proposed date.  I am in a business that requires software and hardware and when we have a new feature and miss the release date we usually don't just go silent. but again, vzw, time to step up for your customers. at least issue issue a statement so we know you are working on it. 

0 Likes
Not applicable
They are obviously working on it. They don't know the date, so to announce even an estimate would be setting false expectations. Sometimes in life, things don't go as expected. You can either try to understand and relax, or jump ship and move to another device or carrier.
0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thats my question, are they working on it? There has been no communication from vzw confirming that. Only from people who have no real idea about what is going on.I don't mean that to be critical of posters here but unless you are a vzw employee or have some inside knowledge somehow then you are guessing just like me. And to say either relax or jump ship?not likely. I am stuck with this beta test box now. There is no way to get out of the 2 year contract. Besides i do like my xoom, i just want to get what was promised.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

dave_flagg wrote:
Thats my question, are they working on it? There has been no communication from vzw confirming that. Only from people who have no real idea about what is going on.I don't mean that to be critical of posters here but unless you are a vzw employee or have some inside knowledge somehow then you are guessing just like me. And to say either relax or jump ship?not likely. I am stuck with this beta test box now. There is no way to get out of the 2 year contract. Besides i do like my xoom, i just want to get what was promised.

That's the thing... They say it's upgradable to LTE which honestly mean they are working on it. To say it is and not working on bringing it could be considered false advertising as people like you bought it assuming it would be upgraded at some point. They have backed themselves into a corner to bring an upgrade. It's no guess at all.

Aside from that... well HERE - They are supporting their products...  With any software out there NO COMPANY likes to give any hard dates.  I have yet to see a software company have a hard date and met it without any hitches.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
I would like to add... Though Verizon sold you the product whether it's a phone, tablet, or computer... It's best to direct your questions to the MANUFACTURER... Every question like the one you have Verizon will know when the MANUFACTURER tells them something. It's the same when you buy a product from Best Buy, Newegg, and Walmart. Buy a Xbox 360 are you going to ask Best Buy when the Xbox 360's next update is coming or do you ask Microsoft?
0 Likes
dave_flagg
Enthusiast - Level 3

i would have to disagree with you. so if you bought a new car from company abc  and they promised to give you something extra and this extra was made by company xyz you woulnt go back to your abc  dealer when it wasnt made right? of course you would. you gave your money to abc and that is who you complain to. vzw promissed these upgrades not motorola. i paid my money to vzw and vzw is the one who loses a paying customer when they dont deliver. 

0 Likes