Re: Verizon Please comment about the proposed meaning of 'soon' regarding upgrades
Not applicable

dave_flagg wrote:

Since Verizon is my vendor for 5 phones plus the Xoom and since Verizon sold me the Xoom with a promise of 'soon' for the upgrades could you please define soon for me? According to the people in the store it was a matter of a few weeks. If you cannot tell me when can you please confirm that you are still going to come through with your promise at 'some' point? I am no longer able to return the Xoom and could live with it the way it is without LTE for now but your silence is not very encouraging. Please advise. Do I need to go back to the store to figure this out? They don't seem to know anything there either the last time I checked though.

The upgrade from 3G to 4G on the Motorola Xoom is something we all anticipate greatly! I wish I had an exact date. Motorola and Verizon Wireless are expecting the upgrade to be available this summer.  At that time Motorola will set proper process expectations to have the chip built into the Xoom.

Please visit here to sign up for an email alert for the upgrade!

Thank you for your contributions!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Please comment about the proposed meaning of 'soon' regarding upgrades
Tidbits
Legend

dave_flagg wrote:

i would have to disagree with you. so if you bought a new car from company abc  and they promised to give you something extra and this extra was made by company xyz you woulnt go back to your abc  dealer when it wasnt made right? of course you would. you gave your money to abc and that is who you complain to. vzw promissed these upgrades not motorola. i paid my money to vzw and vzw is the one who loses a paying customer when they dont deliver. 

A better one to reflect what I am saying you buy an Xbox 360 from best buy.  How come you don't ask Best Buy for updates on that Xbox 360...  Everyone will ask Microsoft and not Best Buy... So what's the difference between the Xoom/Verizon, and the Xbox360/BestBuy.

To add to your car analogy...

That's completely wrong.  Dealers are licensed to repair what they sell.  While Verizon and BestBuy for example are not authorized repair nearly 9/10 of the stuff they sell.  They have to send it in to the manufacturer or swap them out and send the defective unit back to the manufacturer.  There's a HUGE difference...

Also if xyz promised you extra.  Motorola was the one that told Verizon as well as everyone else the Xoom was LTE upgradable.

Anyway as I have shown Motorola is supporting the Xoom, and no software company has EVER given a hard date or even promised when it will come.

0 Likes