Verizon is the last carrier send out the Moto X update. How long will it take?
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

Sprint, T-mobile, and AT&T have already pushed their update. Verizon continues to have a phone that cannot be used as a phone. When will the update come? Does this mean that Verizon cares the least of all the major carriers and has the worst customer service?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is the last carrier send out the Moto X update. How long will it take?
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

Obviously the Moto X is cutting into Droid sales.

Re: Verizon is the last carrier send out the Moto X update. How long will it take?
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

Do the new droids have similar issues? I would think they would want to avoid returns at all costs, but that is thinking rationally.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure that Sprint and AT&T has released the update on their carrier branded Moto X? When I search the Motorola site, all I get is the update for the T-Mobile version. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96073/p/30%2C6720%2C8696

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/94927/p/30%2C6720%2C8696/kw/Upda...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

Here is Sprint. Sprint is CDMA and LTE. Same as Verizon. Except they as smaller with less profitability and resources. But they apparently care more about their customers. If Sprint is out i see zero reason Verizon cannot do the same.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/96161/p/30%2C6720%2C...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Motorola must have just updated their pages in the last 12 to 24 hours. One of the links I posted has since been updated to reflect the Sprint update. There are still two other carriers listed besides Verizon Wireless that has to release their own update before VZW is considered the last to push it out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gregh145
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon will be last. At&t has already started their soak test. Verizon has not even acknowledged a new update is in the works.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gregh145 wrote:

Verizon will be last. At&t has already started their soak test. Verizon has not even acknowledged a new update is in the works.

AT&T hasn't officially acknowledged their update either if it is still under the soak test.

0 Likes
gregh145
Enthusiast - Level 3

A soak test to me is enough to acknowledge an update is in the works. All

three carriers have confirmed there is an update for the Moto X. If

Verizon sticks to their update practices this update will come months

later. Even later for the other Droids that share the same software.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gregh145 wrote:

A soak test to me is enough to acknowledge an update is in the works. All

three carriers have confirmed there is an update for the Moto X.  If

Verizon sticks to their update practices this update will come months

later. Even later for the other Droids that share the same software.

Motorola is administering the soak test not AT&T.

0 Likes