Re: When will Xoom 4G get Jelly Bean?
21stNow
Master - Level 1

My lesson is learned.  I have the LTE XOOM and wanted an LTE-enabled Galaxy Note 10.1, as well.  I got the Wi-fi enabled one instead and the Jellybean update has already been released for it.

0 Likes
simone99
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now mid-February 2013......and still no Jelly Bean update for my Xoom LTE.  Why, why, why???

themillman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Come on Verizon...........lets get this update done!

LamboAlpha
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just checked Motorola's site again. They don't even list a date anymore. In their exact words, "This device will be upgraded Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)." At this point, At this point, I think that will never buy another Motorola device (the Xoom and my previous phone were both Motorola). I am thinking a pure Nexus device.

Side note: At least the US is getting updated. UK and some other countries are stuck on 4.0.4 and even 3.1 for the Xoom.

LiamS
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is ridiculous. The things the big V are good at are the expensive things (massive network expansion), while the simple things (good customer service, more fluid, usable GUIs, etc) are garbage.

OP thought it would be 2-3 months from HIS post, and THAT was kind of a drag. Here we are 7 months later, and still nothing?

Hey Verizon. You're sending the message loud and clear: "We have your money, so we no longer care about you." I've been a Verizon customer for 15 years. Maybe it's time to make a change.

xtremeIX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, I'm done with you guys, your lack of customer service, and your inability to roll out updates on devices in a timely fashion.  You guys need some serious restructuring somewhere....good bye!!

LiamS
Enthusiast - Level 2

And so it begins, guys. We vote with our dollars. Major telecom in general has had it too good for too long, but Verizon in particular has come up sorely lacking. We love the coverage, but as soon as we need actual help, they're blind and deaf.

You're better than this, Verizon. You're going to lose customers. You may not care about keeping your word, but you will care when it makes an impact on your bottom line.

stevie_a_dubbs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please Verizon...just roll-out the update. Show your customers that you indeed value them. Let us and everyone else know that it isn't just about the money, but the service as well. You will only lengthen the life of the Xoom and increase your profits anyways. Its a win-win all around. Smiley Happy

Respectfully yours,

A loyal Verizon customer and Motorola Xoom 3G owner

OnTheRoadGirl

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations per .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LiamS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well what do you know! Verizon IS monitoring this thread. Awesome job, guys. Way to crack down on the cross-posting violations! Now, maybe crack down on the ways you're mistreating the rest of us? Oh, wait. Following the forum rules is more important than keeping your word to your customers. Of COURSE it it. Sorry for the oversight.