Re: When will Xoom 4G get Jelly Bean?
BobRed0965
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to say, I'm very disappointed that VZW repeatedly delays the rollout of upgrades to the Xoom.  C'mon guys, get your act together. 

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Verizon puts a lot of effort into getting new customers and very little into retaining the customers they have.

themillman
Enthusiast - Level 2

BOOOOOO to Verizon for not getting this update done yet!  Will be looking to purchase a new tablet in the fall an I guarantee you it will not be through VERIZON! on to the Microsoft Surface for me.

0 Likes
goosedude2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is really testing my patience.......<Comment removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

The fact that it has been running on XOOM WiFi since last April and on Custom Roms since last summer it is ridiculous that it has not been brought to us loyal XOOM 4G Owners....

We are their best customers and they are ********** on us.......

They don't seem to realize that by poisoning the XOOM 4G updates for us....we will never buy another 4G Tablet on Verizon again....instead opting for the NEXUS line or Tablets with WiFi connections.

Your loss Verizon.....GET THE UPDATE OUT!

(Amazingly....my Samsung Galaxy Nexus got the Jellybean 4.2.2 update today.....a # of enhancements which are made for 10" tablets).

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

n900mixalott
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just forget about it. Q1 2013 is here and gone. LTE was a hassle to get. Galaxy Nexus was a total lie.

My next device will NOT be a Motorola and will NOT be on Verizon. It is too expensive for such unprofessional delay, smoke and mirrors. I feel sorry for people who continue to blindly think it is a good idea to mix the two. X Phone will be more of the same. Go with a GSM Nexus device.

bmhughes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have two months until I can drop the data plan for my Xoom and can't wait. I am dropping VZW completely. By far the worst customer service of any company I have ever done business with. They take their customers for granted and only care about capturing new business. I was a loyal Motorola customer for years until they teamed up with VZW and together decided to just screw everyone they already had that was committed to a couple year contract. For everyone else's sake, I hope you have had a better experience than me.  

oldblue910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Vegas has the over/under on the 4.1.2/JZO54K update for the Verizon Xoom at June 1 to commemorate the one-year anniversary of its last OTA update. I'm taking the under, but only by a week or so.

Keep in mind that, like the Wi-Fi model, the Verizon Xoom is functionally a Google Nexus device in everything but it's name. Thus, the updates come straight from Google but do have to be approved by Verizon before rolling out.

That said, the delay may or may not be Verizon-related. It's possible that Google hasn't done a full build yet, or there could be driver or radio issues which would require Motorola to fix. In the end, we don't know where the hangup is. What we do know is that the Wi-Fi Xoom's final update (Android 4.1.2, Build JZO54K) rolled out almost exactly six months ago. Is six months not enough time to coordinate this and get an update out for the Verizon model? This will be the Xoom's last update so just get it out already so the device can be put to bed!

All that aside, I feel sorry for all the people who own non-US Xoom models because Google doesn't update the firmware on those. They're are all handled by Motorola, and they have already said that all non-US Xooms will remain on Ice Cream Sandwich.

21stNow
Master - Level 1

I'm pretty much done with this at this point.  My XOOM will stay on Ice Cream Sandwich.  My lesson has been learned.  I now have the Wi-fi only Note 10.1 that won't be dependent on Verizon Wireless for anything, especially updates.

oldblue910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fair enough but you're still dependent on Samsung. They are horribly slow at updating anything because they have to add their Touchwiz skin and all the GN10.1-specific stuff to the new Android versions. Believe me, you'll probably see 4.2 but I guarantee you won't see the next major version of Android. The reason the Xoom saw three major Android revisions is because its a Google device. If you wanted a WiFi device that will get a ton of Android updates, you would have been better off with a Google Nexus 10, which was the Xoom's true successor.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

The Wi-fi Note 10.1 will be fine for me.  It has already been updated to Jellybean.  I'm not as impatient for updates on my tablets as I am phones.  However Jellybean has been out for nine months now, and has been on the Wi-fi XOOM for around six months.  This tells me that the hold up for the LTE XOOM is with Verizon Wireless.

I wanted a Nexus 10 when I bought the XOOM.  After seeing the features offered by the Note 10.1, I decided that I would rather have those features on a tablet (namely the S Pen) than to have a pure Google experience.  I get my Nexus fix with the Nexus 4 now.

andrewj1999
Enthusiast - Level 2

This the the final solution for this problem. Were all stuck on ICS!!!

Read the transcript with the Verizon Support!!!

>Chat transcript removed to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes