When will we get the Moto X OTA update?
hedricke11

Yesterday, T-Mobile received an OTA update for the Moto X that "dramatically improves camera performance."  When will we get this update on Verizon?

I am hoping that since it also affects the DROID line, it will come sooner.  But I know Verizon has gained a reputation for being slow to push out updates.

Link to article about update: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7353/moto-x-update-dramatically-improves-camera-quality

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: When will we get the Moto X OTA update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe a month or two, but no one really knows on this customer peer to peer forum not even the reps that roam this community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

After every other carrier gets it, then add a few months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, thanks for heling us support hedricke11 with information regarding the next software update for the Moto X device. At this time, our friends at Motorola have not yet confirmed or provided a release date for this information. However, stay tuned at our website http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FamilyOFair
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I will be returning my Moto X to Verizon today before the two week return period expires - I can't wait anymore for an update that may or may not solve my phone problem sometime in the future.  I use my phone for work and the poor call quality is just unacceptable. Verizon will have to eat another good phone for being slow (last) to respond. 

Don't returns reduce profits!?

A slow response by Verizon should be unacceptable from their perspective.  How could they blame Motorola for not giving them what they need when Verizon is the 800 lb. gorilla.

Shame on You Verizon.

A bad mark on an otherwise good company.

Dissatisfied Customer

0 Likes
hedricke11

Forgive me if I'm cynical, but this is what people think about Verizon's updates.  Verizon is pretty much a joke.  So when you try to blame Motorola, it just makes you look worse.  I'm not as bitter as FamilyOFair below, but I do check out Sprint coverage each time my contract ends to see if their coverage is up to par yet.  Unfortunately they aren't yet.  But if they were I would already have this update along with a cheaper plan.

0 Likes
FamilyOFair
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not bitter, I'm being practical and I'm disappointed.  If the fix isn't a fix I will need a different phone, not another wait and update.  Time is running out.  Business calls still need to be made today.

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry Verizon but I do not believe you. Every other carrier has rolled out the fix or is testing it. Also motorola accidentally posted the new software version as the current version before taking it down on their support website, but they haven't sent it to you for test/release? You guys have a history of slow releases so sorry if we are skeptical. You guys are terrible. You customer service is great when you are taking my money for a new contract or phone, but then when you have a phone that doesn't even work correctly for calls, you cant even roll out the fix in a timely manner. Here is an idea. Take all that money you are making by eliminating unlimited data and your exorbitant rates and spend it to test updates faster. You awesome network doesn't mean a thing if your customers cannot use their phones for calls. Unless you guys start caring more about your customers you are going to start losing customers fast the other LTE networks become better.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

LasinaH_VZW are you joking? How can VZW not have the update, every other carrier does.

0 Likes
wdmark
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long Time Verizon customer previously disappointed with Verizon on DROID X2 update speed or lacking altogether.  Gingerbread was it for the X2 and that was due to both Motorla (pre-Google buy) and Verizon.  Now, considering move to another carrier or upgrade to Moto X but have been monitoring the camera and microphone/noise cancellation voice issue noted here and in other forums (e.g. Motorla, Androidcentral). I acutally use the device as a phone sometimes and need that piece to work too.

Unless I know that new equipment has the update at time of upgrade, I'll be moving somewhere that does have it...or, if Verizon follows its historical pattern, moving elsewhere for the next big thing...like the Nexus 5 (unlikely to be on Verizon anyway). Remember too, that KitKat release is imminent and I can only imagine what Verizon's commitment to getting that out will be.  Good luck to those who already took the Moto X on Verizon plunge....looks like a sweet device in all other respects.