Re: When will we get the Moto X OTA update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hedricke11,

Thanks for your support. As soon as the update is available to be pushed out the information will be released on VZW News.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
wdmark
Enthusiast - Level 2

hedricke11 I appreciate your starting the thread, but have to disagree on liking any of the Verizon rep responses in this thread, especially this one. 

No fault to the customer service reps who no doubt don't have any information to share, and that is not their individual fault. They're just put in an awkward and powerless position to cover.   Best for last?  If there actually is a delay from Motorola (read Google) on this, then Verizon management ought to be pushing Motorola.  Given the speed with which Motorola and all other major US Moto X carriers (even AT&T now), have released this update, (after Motorola speedily responded to ALL customer use feedback to correct at least two MotoX flaws), Verizon through these forums or customer service calls pointing the finger at Motorola does not "ring" true to me.

I've been following the Motorola abd AbdriudCentral forums on this Moto X update too, and for sure, would like better confirmation on two things:

1 That Motorola is actually pushing Verizon to get the release rolled out. (or, a variant, whether current Moto X production has the update on it already).

2 That the update does actually solve the call quality issue.  Most of what I've seen is on the improved camera results but only sporadic reporting on call quality.

0 Likes
FamilyOFair
Enthusiast - Level 2

The lack of feedback on the phone-fix troubles me too - I bought the Moto X as a phone first and that is where my greatest dissatisfaction lies.  Technical issues on a first-gen new phone are to be expected but being the last in line to fix the problem and being offered lame excuses instead is just unacceptable.  No disrespect to the individual reps involved, but as a whole this situation is pathetic.

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

I am not going to make a new post because it will get closed, but we are now 15 days past rollout of the T-mobile update. We have no information about the update from Verizon and no knowledge of a soak test.  For at least two weeks Verizon has knowingly sold a phone the does not work as a phone and has done nothing about it.

0 Likes
AlteraPete
Enthusiast - Level 3

LasinaH_VZW,

You deserve recognition for wording your response very well and in a way that supports the Verizon Wireless brand name.  I know that this is exactly how Verizon would want you to word a response to my question.  Although you still never directly admitted that Verizon is in fact being slow to push out these updates, you did provide a couple believable reasons for why Verizon might take longer than other carriers to push out updates: 1.) Verizon cares more about the stability and performance of smartphones on their network than other carriers, and therefore Verizon works harder and longer on optimizing updates for its network than other carriers 2.) Verizon does more analysis on smartphone updates to ensure there no security holes left open- I could see how this could take a long time.

However, on a personal level I still feel that you are purposely avoiding the facts, which leads me to believe that those two reasons for why Verizon is slow to push out updates are not an accurate description of the root cause of the problem.  My guess at the root cause: the same reason why there are so many bugs on your website(yes, there are many many many bugs)-- some serious problems with the people Verizon has in the technical development department. 

I'm not saying that that Verizon Wireless is a bad company- I'm just asking that you all own up to your shortcomings. 

So why do I feel that you are avoiding the facts?  Because you are purposely being ambiguous in your last sentence as to WHO is supposed be providing this "confirmation or a release date for software updates for this device".  What you should have said is, "Verizon Wireless has not provided a confirmation or a release date for software updates for this device".  I am knowledgeable enough to know that Motorola does not provide this confirmation or release date, but I'm sure most other people are fooled into believing that it's Motorola who provides this and therefore it's Motorola's fault we haven't gotten the update yet.  Motorola does NOT provide the Android builds/updates for our phones- Verizon Wireless does.  That's why there is a nice and pretty Verizon logo when your phone boots up- Because Verizon's developers have to put their hands on the phone OS/updates and make any cusomizations before it is pushed out.  And apparently Verizon's developers take a long time doing this.

You wanted us to believe, through subliminal suggestion, that it is Motorola's fault instead of Verizon's fault, that these updates are so slow.  Sorry, we're not that dumb.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. saying that Motorola is "always saving the best for last" was a nice and witty way to distract everyone from question I asked. You should run for president.

0 Likes
COvzcustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand Verizon's position. As the largest cell company and arguably best reputation (see Consumer Reports) and most profitability (most expensive too), they should be an industry leader at pushing updates, not be routinely last by excruciatingly wide margins. Very disappointed by their dodging the whole update delay issue. They should just admit that it's not their priority and they don't care about the small minority of technology-engaged subscribers who follow the community closely and vocalize our complaints on sites such as this.

0 Likes
opuntia
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is interesting, someone claiming that they went to a VZW store this weekend and got some kind of update.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/315497-moto-x-verizon-13-hour-battery.html#post3123576

0 Likes
AlteraPete
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hedricke11,  I really don't think they were being very honest.  See my response to LasinaH_VZW for explanation.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

With 1 post and no screen shot, wouldn't put much into it.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

It was nothing. That was no camera update. We are still waiting on the update that T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and even US Cellular have all received this update.

0 Likes